pathos foot pocket comparison

• Hi All,

just some quick question, I'm looking into pathos foot pocket but don't have any to try around my side.
    Please just response to the sizing information, I've already read a lot about it here regarding the performance and the generation difference.

1, pathos size 40-42 is same, smaller or larger compare to Cressi Gara 2000 size 40-41?

2, pathos size 38-40 is same, smaller or larger compare to Omer Millennium size 38-40?

3, pathos size 38-40 is same, smaller or larger compare to Omer Stingray size 39-40?

thank you

• Hi Dan, thank you for the feedback

Just to be sure I had another measure,

left L=25.5cm W=9.2cm
    Right L=25.8cm W=9.6cm

I trust your judgement from experience handling with so much fins and pathos foot pocket.
    just incase of misunderstanding, 42-44 you mentioned is a fit with sock ?

I'm actually looking for a snug fit without socks nor fin keepers, water here is 30d throughout the year.
    and I alo like the feel when you fin you get the instant response from the foot pocket propulsion thru the blade.

the experience I had with my current stingray is snug fit but with some space gab right the front of my foot arch that causes delay and inefficient power transfer when I fin.

I read the pathos is tighter and smaller than usual size, I can fit in a 3m sock with gara2000 40-41, never expect I can go up to 42-44
    Since I prefer snug fit or maybe a tiny bit tight,
    Do you think I should go for 42-44 or 40-42?

How would a 42-44 be like for my feet?

My apology if I sound distrusting, it's just the perspective of individual's requirement.
    very much appreciation for your advise.:thumbsup2:

thank you

• You will not fit in a 40-42. As to how loose the 42-44 will be, it's hard to say. I think there will be room for a 3mm sock.

Footpocket sizing from one manufacturing usually has nothing to do with sizing from another.

• You will not fit in a 40-42. As to how loose the 42-44 will be, it's hard to say. I think there will be room for a 3mm sock.

Footpocket sizing from one manufacturing usually has nothing to do with sizing from another.

Not only is sizing between manufacturers not consistent but sizing within a manufacturer are not always consistent either. What I mean by that is some companies have a fin that they call a 40-42 and it may be slightly smaller than a "true" 40-42. the same company may offer a 42-44 that is larger than a "true" 42-44.

Dan's method of taking a foot measurement and comparing it to actual measurements of footpockets is the only way to accurately size the pocket without trying it on. Trying it on is still the best way because every foot is different but Dan's method is very good.

• yeah, that is the closest method to find out without trying it out.

Because 42-44 have enough space for socks, yet I'm trying to get it snug fit without a socks.
    and 40-42 wouldn't fit me.

I wonder can I split bit on 40-42 and lace it

• Just my 2 cents but cutting off circulation to your foot which you are exerting to power yourself is not a good idea IMO

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele