Mares i3 or Mares Essence Liquidskin Spearfishing Mask anyone tried on of them?

• Hi,

I am looking into a new mask, mine is gradually breaking up after 15 years of use. Has anyone tried the Mares i3 or Mares Essence Liquidskin Spearfishing Masks? I was wondering what your views/reviews on those may be? I like the i3's side view, I have that on my current mask, but the shape of the Essence Liquidskin Spearfishing mask makes me wonder if it doesn't also have good peripheral vision?

Thanks,
    Gabriel

• I have the Mares liquid skin star pro and I love how amazingly comfortable it is...even at 75ft for 2 monutes it is comfortable. It only starts to hur after about 6 hours, but haven't founda mask that won't after that long. Visibilty is lower because of the smaller lenses but no real complaints from me on that. Best info I can give on a mares, sorry I haven't tried the others.

• The tendency is to wear the mask strap too tight. The mask strap doesn't need to be tight at all, water pressure will push the mask against your face and seal. Try loosening the strap, that may be the cause. If not then the mask may not be the right fit for you.

• I have the mares star elite and it is a super comfy mask. I haven't sold it because it is a great mask and I lend it out a lot.

The only reason I don't use it is the micromask/ aim is just better

i like to spear fish

• Whenever I notice my mask hurting right under my nose I check my mask strap. Its usually either cause I have the strap too tight like Dan mentioned or lower it on my head. Sometimes the mask strap is riding up too high on my head and causes the pain.

• I tried the X-Vu liquidskin and it was really comfy, the shape of the lenses had the best field of vision of any masks I've tried out (beuchat, speardiver aim, cressi). It's rather bulky though and not the lowest of volume so idk how you'd like it at greater depths but it was an awesome reef masks where I could see really well with my peripheral vision. For me however, it fit well in the store, but once I got in the water it would leak around my nose and the nosepiece was too protruded for my flat nose for me to grab it and equalize properly. I'm using the speardiver aim mask now and the fit is perfect!