A**hole sharks

• Need some help figuring out how to keep sharks off my catch. I usually dive 10-65 ft of water, go out from shore and have a float attached to a 75 ft line that is also attached to my gun, I use a loop steel stringer. Don't have the money for a nice float to keep my fish out of the water (In fact, what I use now is modified from a dock pad). Down here we have blacktips and bulls, first sighting of a bullshark was the other day and he took my mackeral and my yellowtail but left my cuda all in one shot. I am usually able to poke at the blacktips when they get close or I spot them, but usually they come out of no where and hit my stringe. Any ideas? Tips? Tricks?

• Need some help figuring out how to keep sharks off my catch. I usually dive 10-65 ft of water, go out from shore and have a float attached to a 75 ft line that is also attached to my gun, I use a loop steel stringer. Don't have the money for a nice float to keep my fish out of the water (In fact, what I use now is modified from a dock pad). Down here we have blacktips and bulls, first sighting of a bullshark was the other day and he took my mackeral and my yellowtail but left my cuda all in one shot. I am usually able to poke at the blacktips when they get close or I spot them, but usually they come out of no where and hit my stringe. Any ideas? Tips? Tricks?

Do you have access to a cheap foam boogie board? I used a home made boogieboard float for quite a while before switching to the banks board. With a bag tied down on top it worked well to keep my catch out of the water.

• 2 Probems, 1. I'm a little secluded where I am and it is hard to get things like that, not impossible just hard. 2. It is alot harder to get a size board that would keep the size fish i'm shooting, most are over 6- 10 pounds and it isn't any fun going out for one or 2 fish and calling it a day. Thank you for your idea though, unfortunatly not the best solution IMO.

• Dan, I've seen these great devices, However I'm soley and completly secluded to a military base and it is nearly impossible to get something like that here in Cuba.

• Im all out of additional solutions. However I envy your problem having to carry multiple 10+lb fish back from a beach dive :thumbsup2:

• Im all out of additional solutions. However I envy your problem having to carry multiple 10+lb fish back from a beach dive :thumbsup2:

Hey man, Fishing is good when you're one of about 10 or so spearos around on a closed bay in Cuba! They grow some big fish out here too, i've seen 60 lb Cuberas, 50 lb Grouper, 40 lb Amberjacks and giant Cudas weekly and they are here to stay (till I smoke them of course). Thanks for the help anyway brother.

• If anything an innertube with a net and milk crate stuck in the middle. But it creates too much drag. Nothing beats a Banksboard.

It's true from everything I've read, and seen...I think i may just have to find a way to make it be. I'm tired of fishing 6 hours and coming back with nothing because of a shark. I guy who comes down here once in awhile uses one and he talked it up and showed how great it worked when we went out. Time to start saving...

• I've used and seen bodyboards with a pool noodle here in Australian nationals where guys are shooting lots of large fish in places with plenty of sharks and 6 hours in the water with no boats.
    Here is an example from deeperblue very similar to what I setup for the nationals:

• Is his name Julio?

Yes it is Dan! He is a really good guy, And i've had a blast speardiving with him. Also a very impressive Freediver. I'm getting ready to see him again next week I think. How do you know him?