JBL spearhead/point: "Tri-Cut" vs "Arrowhead"

• Hi all,

I am looking at buying some spare parts for my JBL speargun, I was looking at some spearheads to replace some old ones and I on top of my rock point (#843 - Rotating Rock Point) I was thinking of getting one of these:

* 1. *#831 - Rotating Tri-Cut
    * 2. *#827 - Rotating Arrowhead

(http://www.jblspearguns.com/ro…p?id=Rotating-Spearpoints)

I can't really make up my mind, does anyone have any experience with these? From what I see one is machine sharpened and the other isn't? The one that isn't it says it has more cutting surface however. What do you guys think?

Thanks a lot!
    Gabriel

• Those both look large and heavy. I only use flopper shafts so I cannot comment on those but on my polespears I like to have as streamlined a tip as possible

i like to spear fish

• While I flopper shafts as well, I can tell you that it has been my experience that tri-cut spears dull faster if there is serious rock contact with the point. I prefer the conical points.

• These points are bulky and heavy. The point swivels so the shaft is never really straight because there's play in the point. They slow down your shaft and negatively affect range and accuracy. They're meant for point blank shooting. On a JBL gun though there may not be a perceptible difference.