Beer, Gas, and Power Tools

• Yesterday we installed tie down rings to the stringers and sealed them with resin. Next we cut some bar mat to use as "bedding" for the tank. The tank sits flat on the hull with the rubber underneath for wear/rub protection. Next, we used 5200 to affix the bar mat strips to the top of the tank for a chaff strip where the straps will go. Poly tanks need to be installed with 3-5% room for expansion once filled- that is why we did not "block in" the tank with wood or fiberglass. The tank was then removed again and we cut 3-4" strips of 1/2" marine plywood and screwed them (from the bottom up) to the existing "lip" we left around the tank on the deck. This "lip" will be the platform on which we will set the new deck.The plywood strips, screws, and all exposed surfaces were then covered in Resin and allowed to set up overnight. More to come...

"Whiskey don't make liars, it just makes fools. So, I didn't mean to say it, but I meant what I said."
    -James McMurtry

• Making Way...

"Whiskey don't make liars, it just makes fools. So, I didn't mean to say it, but I meant what I said."
    -James McMurtry

• Not too bad a fit with the replacement deck. Now for some more glass and a bit of paint.

-James McMurtry

• The unpainted rectangle in the rear is the where the old gas tank cover was. The opening towards the bow is where the new hatch will be over all the important stuff so I can have a look/do some work when I please. Only a couple more weeks and the ice should be off the Lakes.

-James McMurtry

Edited once, last by Stick em ().