Hali and baby bass

• I was out a few times this week and started seeing a few bass, most just about legal but a few with some good size to them, at least comparing to the ones I saw last season.

Today I manage another dive and within 5 mins. saw a legal but decided to pass because that is what I shot last season so I did not want to shot another baby, or at least I was trying really hard not to...

I kept moving to a side of the bed where i had seem them before and looking for Halibut as I went...saw some good sized calicos...good to see them coming around as well, its been bad at this spot during the whole winter.

I reach the spot and sure enough they were there at least the small ones, I keep on seeing shorts and just legals but nothing exciting, about one hr into this spot I see a good sized (to me) but it's in a bad angle and I can't take the shot.

Another while goes by and I see one that is slightly smaller but good, I aim, pull the trigger and boom! My bubble is burst, I missed the shot!

I swim around for another while looking for wsb and halis as I pass the sand patches but nothing. Finally I convince myself that is time to go home and start the swim back to my entry point...as I reach an area more favorable for halis I king of give up on the wsb mode and go into hali mode full time.

When I get to about 8 feet of water and am out of the kelp bed, I cross an itty bitty patch of grass and from it comes out 2 wsb, on surely short and
    one a little bigger, this time I could not resist and pull the trigger on the bigger one. No more and 10 feet from where I put it on my stringer was a little rocky area and I decide to check it for buts and as luck would have it there was one just laying on top of the sand/rocks after a few second of hesitation due to angle and rock under the fish, i put myself on a good angle and pull the trigger again and the fish take off like a bat out of hell!

A little chase is issued and eventually the fish makes its way to the stringer!

It sure feels good to put some game fish on the table, lately i had been going crazy on the perch nothing else was making it's way to my spear!