first blue water trip

• Sat i get to go on my first blue water trip out of staurt FL, been working on my gun and gear for three days making sure everything is rite and tite :thumbsup2:

• Good for you dude, I remember the excitement of my first blue water dive like it was yesterday!! Just stay calm and relaxed, the endless water around was a little disconcerting at first for me and I did get a bit of Vertigo, to overcome that I used objects to anchor my inner ear to :D like staying below my flasher rigs till I got accustomed to the bottomless blue. It only took me a very short while to adjust and then it was Dorado time :thumbsup2: By the way those are the dumbest easiest fish to shoot, its the wahoo I have trouble with.

Edit: I just realised you said out of Stuart which might mean you're already an experienced blue water diver and I just wrote a bunch of useless info to a pro...lol...

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• no this is my first time just so happens that my buddys boat is stored in staurt, the endless blue is on my mind but ill stay calm and from what i herd that the dorado are running so they are in my sights

• Hitch it is a great experience and once you do it you wont remember what all the hesitation was about.... And lucky you going with a buddy for the first time I jumped in on my own and have ever since as all the guys I go with are R&R fishers..lol... My advice is when you first get in dont start looking around just focus on the fish or if there is none then the flasher or chum line and work that, the more you do the less your imagination F...s with ya :)

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Hitch it is a great experience and once you do it you wont remember what all the hesitation was about.... And lucky you going with a buddy for the first time I jumped in on my own and have ever since as all the guys I go with are R&R fishers..lol... My advice is when you first get in dont start looking around just focus on the fish or if there is none then the flasher or chum line and work that, the more you do the less your imagination F...s with ya :)

So true!! I had to let my gun sink down just so I had a point of reference. It is intense

i like to spear fish

• So im alive, and everything you guys said was true i was a little iffy at first i hung at the back of the boat for a little while to get my mind rite no dolphin but got a 12 lb king fish that was a rush all in its self, the biggest ive shot and it was a thrill, ill try to post pic soon