GoPro hero3+ black edition advice please

• I missed some amazing footage because it so happens my best day diving, ever, was the first time out with the go pro, had it mounted on my mask and angled it way to low:(.
    Seems flush with glass on mask is way to go.
    Thoughts?

• flush with the glass or even angled a little above that. I have missed a few shots because I was looking up but the camera was angled too low.

• Yeah. Good call xan. Especially if you are diving on the bottom. When I am oriented at the same level as my target I am usually looking up relative to the position of my body. It is very slight though. If you are shooting in wide should catch most things.

Angled up usually results in missing shots from the surface where i am more likely looking straight or down.

i like to spear fish

• If you want framed shots with your GoPro...youre best off buying a handle and going handheld. Sure its a pain in the ass carrying it around but then again so is missing that once in a lifetime shot cause your gopro was aimed in the wrong direction.

• Hardline and Wishihadgills----all good useful intel, thank you :toast:

I gave up on the remote WiFi underwater idea once I got the GoPro app on my iphone. The iphone app is WAY better for me and my needs BECAUSE:
    1. With my old eyes I couldn't see what the remote was showing without my reading glasses anyway. The iphone screen is WAY bigger than the WiFi remote screen.
    2. The iphone app allows me to view / delete what I just filmed next time I git back to the yak, thus allowing me to save card space for the next dive.
    3. The iphone app easily allows me to change the GoPro settings AND other advantages I haven't even figured out yet.
    4. The GoPro app is free :thumbsup2:
    5. Check out the GoPro app here: http://gopro.com/software-app/gopro-app
    hope this helps

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited once, last by hau ().

• Thats really cool Hau. Sounds like everything that is a PITA about filming is remedied with that app. I just wish they would make the filiming on/off beeps loud enough to hear with a hood on and sloshing waves.

Also I don't know how u guys are having trouble with getting stuff in view on the gopro. If I look at my mask sideways before putting it on its easy to tell if the cameras level with the mask lens.

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• Its mostly when I am at the surface. If the gopro lens is parallel with my mask lens and my face is pointed down at the bottom; if I look up (ahead of me) by moving my eyes not my head you can miss some things. If I pick my head up to try to bring the image into view of the camera the camera ends up above the water. the same can happen if you are at the very bottom and you are watching fish. I have seen it in some of your videos when you go to take the shot the fish is at the very top edge of the frame.

not sure that makes sense. I might try a diagram later tonight

• Its mostly when I am at the surface. If the gopro lens is parallel with my mask lens and my face is pointed down at the bottom; if I look up (ahead of me) by moving my eyes not my head you can miss some things. If I pick my head up to try to bring the image into view of the camera the camera ends up above the water. the same can happen if you are at the very bottom and you are watching fish. I have seen it in some of your videos when you go to take the shot the fish is at the very top edge of the frame.

This ^^^ is exactly why some older model Liquid Image masks had "cross hairs" etched onto of the mask lenses.
    Here is just one model of the Liquid Image with "aiming cross hairs" Amazon.com: Liquid Image 5.0MP Scuba Series Underwater HD Video Mask (Medium): Camera & Photo

SOME of the Liquid Image products were sound ideas, however from my direct dealings with Liquid Image Co. years ago, management just did not support their customers needs OR impute. Listening to customers impute and needs is ONE of the KEY elements that has made GoPro what is in todays market. Just my opinion

I get what you mean. That makes sense. I was imagining an issue more like when you mount the camera on a gun mount and it winds up just totally off.

• Just found this mask that is already "GoPro Ready" from the manufacture. Just set your GoPro on to the top and insert the thumb screw==done. I do not own one yet, but the reviews I have seen are favorable. I'm sure that this mask (as with any mask) will not fit EVERYONE, but the GoMask could be a good alternative for anyone who can't / don't want to, take the time/effort to do their own mask modification. Hope this helps

XS Scuba MA560 GoMask - Scuba Diving Mask for GoPro Hero Cameras

• Just found this mask that is already "GoPro Ready" from the manufacture. Just set your GoPro on to the top and insert the thumb screw==done. I do not own one yet, but the reviews I have seen are favorable. I'm sure that this mask (as with any mask) will not fit EVERYONE, but the GoMask could be a good alternative for anyone who can't / don't want to, take the time/effort to do their own mask modification. Hope this helps

XS Scuba MA560 GoMask - Scuba Diving Mask for GoPro Hero Cameras

That actually looks kind of nice, like that Cressi big eyes. if you get one let us know how it goes.

• They are 80$ leisure pro

Looking at the xs scuba line they have copies of a lot of other big selling masks. I bet it is VERY similar if you know what I'm saying

i like to spear fish