Picked up a 130cm Pathos Laser open carbon

• Dan I couldn't agree with you more. The Laser handle is a complete POS. Totally different from the D'Angelo I. I've tried just about every euro handle out there and this is by far the best. Perfect size, fit and line of sight. Lots of companies make this mistake..trying to upgrade something that's already good and end up failing.

• Grips on the laser handle are not interchangeable but the new pathos handle that's coming out has this feature. Also the loading butt will be different with a bit more mass which will make loading a lot more comfortable. This is great for guys that dive in 3mms suits and thinner. For the rest of the guys that dive in 5 and 7mm is not really a big difference since they can shoot just about any gun out there with any handle like the laser without any discomfort.

• I have to agree with Dan about the handle. After first use I took it to the grinder and reshaped it starting with the edges.
    Also lost the butt pad the first day. My biggest complaint is the trigger pull, as soon as I load up the bands the pull is so hard I pull the the muzzle down and to the right. I haven't read anyone else having this problem so I guess I'll pull the trigger assembly check it and try to polish it. Always open to suggestions.

• Why don't you contact the Manufacturer/seller before attempting any modification? Even the best product can have a deffective run and normally you get even a replacement or refund. It has happened to me with 4 different speargun manufacturers. They all fixed my problem.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Marco's advice is the correct way to go, but I had to see for myself what was causing the problem. The trigger housing was slightly bent causing the sear to drag the side of the housing, the more load on the shaft the greater the drag causing stronger trigger pull. Straightened housing out and it's all good now. Fishing kind of slow but did see a few ocean triggerfish on deep end of reef ! I'll see how they like this longer gun.

• I own a Pathos 110 Laser Open Pro aluminum barrel. I changed out the factory "molded" grip for a "universal" grip which is exactly like the D'Angelo 1 handle, besides the color. The safety never engages on it's own, unless deliberately pressed in by the user. I had my line release switched over to the right side of the gun so it loads very familiar. I swapped the double bands out for one tight 19mm band. At the end of one wrap the shaft actually pulls out a few extra feet of reel line. I also swapped out the original shaft, which was very short, to a 7mm spring steel shaft @ 150cm(40cm over hang). My next mod will be to replace the muzzle from opened to closed for quicker reloads and ease of use. Over all, it's one of the better spearguns that I've come across. The design is very hydro-dynamic and moves really well in the water. And I chest load this gun many times while diving without fear of pain or any hesitation to shoot. I paid around $260 for the gun.

Hope this info is useful to someone,

Chase

::EDIT::

With the gun setup the way I have it, the trigger pull is very smooth, the recoil is barely noticeable, and the gun shoots like a laser. If I miss, it's user error.