Michigan Diver

• My name is Dan. I currently live in Michigan, where it's cold and snowy 5 mo of the year!! Not very logical. I have traveled all over the world scuba diving and free diving. I love traditional fishing and have been doing it all my life. Oddly enough during all my travel, I have never spearfished. So I am looking to become educated in the sport. I am a huge advocate of conservation and intelligent harvesting of natural resources. Look forward to learning about this amazing sport!!

• Hey Dan, I have a couple ex army buddies who live in MI and they spearfish all the time up in those cold lakes and rivers, year round. It amazes me how productive those cold waters can be, and how full of fish they are.

• Welcome Drooks. About the same weather here. Be a while before the water is liquid again.:D

"Whiskey don't make liars, it just makes fools. So, I didn't mean to say it, but I meant what I said."
    -James McMurtry

• I used to go up to Michigan and into Canada every year with my dad and brother. I remember crystal clear ....and very cold water. Upper Lake Huron. MacGregor Bay. Seems that northern pike might be a nice one to pursue. The "Barracuda of the Great Lakes".