best place to get weights

• Im sure ive seen it on here before but after searching I cant locate it again. Where is the best place to get weights for a belt?
    Thanks

• Standard lead weights can be purchased from most any local dive shop. If you want the pinch weights, mako & neptonics offer those made by tinman I believe.

Chase

Relax & Go Spearfishing

• Thanks. let me rephrase the question.
    does anyone know where to get weights cheaper then the 4-5 dollars per pound ive been finding them for at the local dive shops?
    I thought I saw where someone was making them and selling them for like $2 per pound but cant find the post now.
    thanks

• Good luck to you. I just spent $67.10 on seven 2lb weights for my new weight belt setup. Neptonic wants $10.95 for 2lb pinch weights on there site. Weights will out last any of your other gear and you need them, so I wouldn't get to hung up on price.

• The price of lead is always going up and as a result of that an old post price is probably no longer accurate. I don't want to abuse the rules of the forum, so I won't mention the name unless Dan allows it, but the dive shop I work for sells uncoated weight for less than 4$ a pound.

Online the prices are often higher to offset the high shipping costs for shipping lead.