Fin questions

• Hi all,

I have a couple of questions concerning fins. I currently do not own real freediving/spearfishing fins, I have longer than average Beuchat snorkeling fins. They fit me well with/without socks, fit in my luggage when I travel by plane and are light (both for air travel and usage in the water). I have been wondering if I should get "real" fins though.

I am looking at different footpockets that allow the blades to be removed so I can still air travel without hassle (although they will be much heavier). I think I need either Beuchat or Cressi for my narrow feet, any other options? I read that Beuchat only work with their blades, is that correct?

I am thinking about getting fiberglass as plastic is too heavy and carbon is too fragile for me: I don't do blue water hunting and I tend to scratch up my fins a lot on rocks. I noticed some fins have a 20° angle and others are "flat", what is the advantage of one over the other? Also, do either fit in the same footpockets or do you need a special footpocket for each type?

BTW Dan (I hope you see this), do you only carry carbon blades?

Thanks everyone,
    Gabriel