‘Gruesome’ piranha-like fish caught in Rohnert Park

• FYI. News/Article.

BY PAUL PAYNE
    THE PRESS DEMOCRAT
    August 22, 2015, 3:09PM

"A bizarre fish with teeth resembling those of a human baby and a bloodline tracing to the flesh-eating piranhas of South America has turned up in a Rohnert Park lake.

California Department of Fish and Wildlife officials confirmed a photo submitted to The Press Democrat by angler Geoffrey Arend was that of a rare pacu, a freshwater fish originally from the Amazon that is known for its crushing jaw.

Arend said he landed it Aug. 14 at Roberts Lake. He took its picture before the fish slipped from his hands and he kicked it back in the water.

He didn’t realize what he had until he hopped on the Internet and found similar photos. Coincidentally, another pacu was caught two days later near Stockton in the San Joaquin Delta. "

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/n…ike-fish-caught-in?page=1

• Their diet consists of nuts. They are famous for castrating men wading in the waters of the amazon.

I heard about one being caught a few years ago in Northern California. I just don't remember the lake.

Another fish that will make you squirm is the candiru. Its a small catfish that likes to swim up urine streams and lodge itself in the persons urethera. It can only be surgically removed from what I understand.