Crist pole spears

• I just received a custom two piece spear from Aarin crist of Crist pole spears. I can't say enough how fantastic his customer service is. He had great input and was willing to give advice without pushing me into something that wasn't ideal.

Originally, I wanted his top of the line spear, the Zeus. But after discussing pole spears here on the forum and with Aaron, I decided to opt for a lighter weight Phoenix, which is more suitable for what I want it for....bugs, lion fish and small reef fish. He was extremely helpful through the whole process.

The spear is super high quality and I'm sure it'll serve me well. I'll post up some pics soon.

My Business - Home

• Yep, That is the Aaron Crist I know.

We are competitors in the PoleSpear Market, but it does not stop him from communicating with me on a variety of topics. Spearfishing and machining tools are alway top of the list.

Had a Buddy looking for a specialize threading tool, Aaron found one locally to him and hooked him up. He's a big fan of Aaron now.

It's a great relationship that is beneficial to both of us. Recommending him to others is easy to do as you explained so well.

Look forward to seeing what he put together for you.

• Here's a great example of outstanding customer service and commitment to quality.

Aaron sends me a text a couple days after I received my spear and said a couple customers have paralyzer st hat have bent too easily. He explains that he was using tines that were annealed and not hardened.....so he is making me another head. I haven't even used the spear yet, and he could have easily let me go off to Belize to find out the facts for myself. This kind of service wins loyalty and return business. Aaron is top notch.

I'll post some pictures in a couple weeks....we are in SC and I didn't have time before I left. But it's an awesome little spear. 5' custom 2 piece and I ordered an extra band, flopper and the paralyzer.

• Here's a great example of outstanding customer service and commitment to quality.

Aaron sends me a text a couple days after I received my spear and said a couple customers have paralyzer st hat have bent too easily. He explains that he was using tines that were annealed and not hardened.....so he is making me another head. I haven't even used the spear yet, and he could have easily let me go off to Belize to find out the facts for myself. This kind of service wins loyalty and return business. Aaron is top notch.

I'll post some pictures in a couple weeks....we are in SC and I didn't have time before I left. But it's an awesome little spear. 5' custom 2 piece and I ordered an extra band, flopper and the paralyzer.

Heard about that one earlier. Vendor sent him wrong material and he didn't catch it. He has a Q/A deflection test on new material now. Easy to get tricked reading label.

When you order metal you have options as to what state the metal is in.

"Spring Steel" is a term mis-used alot. sometimes it's called music wire, This can come is stainless steels as well along with the carbon steel. So many different types out there.

Think about how the metal is formed. If its a cold process that metal will be stronger, if it's hot it will be softer. You also have all the different heat treating processes.

I know, Too much information.. lol

• No, I'm a detail guy that's good stuff. My grandfather was a professional tool maker until retirement, and my brother followed with tool making, then molds....until he began his career in professional shooting sports.

• Oh, seeing your user name, he's a story for you. Some years back my wife and I went up to Sitka, AK to visit my cousin...he's been up there since we both graduated highschool a million years ago. Anyway, we chartered a boat to fish for silvers and halibut. During a slow time, I lowered my bait to black fish depth just to catch something and in short order, I was reeling up a decent sized blackfish. Suddenly, my line stops moving and it feels like I hooked a big carpet of seaweed or something. Once I got it to the boat, we see this huge lingcod with my blackfish sticking out of its mouth....he couldn't expel it. So I scored some nice cod fillets along with our salmon. Local guide called that a hitchhiker...pretty common thing to happen but it was a first for me!

Btw, had a look at your site and your spears look excellent. I really like the knurling on the handles...smart idea.

• Hitchhiking Lings is common, I've had it happen a few times with a fishing pole.

I had one hitchhiking on a Rockfish that I shot with a speargun long ago. Not a huge one, but got two fish and was very exciting to stick the ling-cod before he could get away.

The contoured knurled Ring Grip took me a while to figure out. I had an old design that was fine, I just wanted the airplane wing look and feel. Had to make custom forming dies and heat treating them. That stage was same time frame when George was on the Wait list.

Made a few other type dies before, forming the Stainless balls on Cables was a fun one. Designing the tooling to make stuff is much more "fun" than just cranking out parts.

• Oh yeah...rockfish, not blackfish. That was a great trip for us...so much fishing. We also bagged a nice blacktail buck on a three day island hunt. When we got back to Sitka we went over to the dock and bought some dungeness right off the boat for surf and turf.

• I got the paralyzer John, it looks great! Aaron sent me an adapter for the spear as well. Everything's packed for our trip!

• I got the paralyzer John, it looks great! Aaron sent me an adapter for the spear as well. Everything's packed for our trip!

Great. Aaron was in a time crunch so this was easy answer.

Surprised he didn't have me send adapter. He must have had one kicking around in his box of goodies.

I actually logged in to see if you got the tip ok, and saw the post. Seems like I just mailed the other day.

• I'm not sure but I received both things in time for our departure from NY. Aaron kindly surprised me with a couple T-shirts for my son and I. We are now in Belize getting sorted out and I'll post up some pics once I start using the spear and your tip. Thanks again!