• I've been wanting to incorporate a spike into a build. That would definitely make the muzzle part easy. I was planning on doing the nail in the muzzle and fill later, but to be honest I haven't read too much about the rotisserie. Figured it was pretty self explanatory. Thanks for confirming what I thought. I wasn't too sure so it's good to hear from someone else.

• Question about the spike. How did you set it? Easy enough to make a hole and place the spike in it, but I couldn't figure out how to set it without it sliding out at any given point. Hence why I haven't incorporated it. Is it just a snug fit?

• Just a snug fit, make it go in an inch if you have enough wood in front of the band hole. It's amusing to see the old shark spikes with a plate and screws. Granted some Biller and Sea hornet wood spearguns have plastic muzzles.

• Good to know. I don't have room on this one, but my next build I'll likely leave myself enough room and give it a go.

I'm with you on those spikes that have the bracket. It looks much more clean without.

• I must say attaching the gun to the rotisserie was a bit of a task. Could not figure how to attach it to the motor. After racking my brain I came up with this. It is a cork with a screw through it. I carved the cork so it would wedge into the square slot. The screw is there to screw into the butt. Worked perfect, until I walked away and wind blew open the garage door knocking the gun and rotisserie off the table. Was lazy/rushing/not thinking and didn't really secure the rotisserie or the bracket on the other end. Easy fix and lesson learned.

• Turned out great man. I am definitely going to use your red track design in a future build.:thumbsup2:

Thanks! The pigment is pretty cool and I think you could get creative with it. Since it is added to the epoxy you could even do a poured enclosed track. I think that would look pretty cool. Maybe even alternate and mix colors.

• Bad mother focker indeed.

You must have big hands.

My hands are not too big. Indeed, the handle is large. I was really trying to ensure that the grip filled my hand completely trying to avoid any gaps. I wanted more girth so it was like holding a magic marker compared to a pencil. I will take a closer picture with the grip in my hand for a better look, but it is actually heavily tapered for my fingers so it isn't as large as it looks. Where it is large is mostly the palm (to help absorb recoil) and the space between my finger tips and palm (so essentially a void space). After seeing all these guys do polymorph on their handles I figured I could get pretty close with a wood grip. I also didn't want to lose too much wood because I figure if I hit the water and it just isn't working for me I could easily remove wood and reshape. Out of the water the handle feels great. I think it will be easier to control and help with recoil. We shall see.

• Looks like a well made handle. Why no recess? See what it's like to track in the water. I can turn the gun easier when I'm able to close my hand more. More important when the gun is big and the handle doesn't have much rake, as is the case with this sloped down back design.

• It is recessed, however, a few things that give the appearance that it isn't. First, I tapered the gun from the muzzle to the butt. As I was doing this it started looking less recessed in the front part of the handle (something I did not consider). It was almost flush at front and completely flush at the rear as it tapers before applying any coats. Second, when I coated it I got a lot of build up in the pocket. I will chisel that out so it sets in there better. Lastly, the front screw is not all the way screwed in. When I put the screws in I realized they weren't the ones I wanted and figured I'd get back to that. I was just too damn excited so I put it together and snapped off some pictures.

I thought I was hiding the "to be fixed" areas in the pictures. Good eye for catching that though.