Alpinasub Russian pneumatic spearguns on eBay

• Alpinasub is a company that has a long history of building the spearguns most often encountered in Russia before the arrival of models from companies such as Pelengas (Ukraine). The forward latching design has been used by many companies because there are no pressure boundaries in the gun which are traversed by sliding pins, the trigger pulling an external rod that controls the release mechanism mounted in the muzzle.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sp…ksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

s-l1600.jpg

The Dolphin gun is a more ambitious design which uses three balls to act as the sear lever, a sliding collar either holds them onto the shank of the piston or withdraws to allow the balls to be pushed outwards thus releasing the piston. When the balls move outwards a sliding bush moves forwards to replace the departed piston tail and keeps the balls from falling out of position. This gun floats after the shot which is a big advantage as years ago such mid-handle guns were always sinkers.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sp…ksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

s-l1600.jpgdolphin-jpg.53099

• Reminds me of my hunts in the seaweed jungle, sometimes it is like shooting fish in a barrel. The seaweed jungle is a shallow bay behind an outer reef that after storms fills up with sheets of busted off kelp, Neptune’s necklace and other fronded seaweeds that hang in curtains so that swimming through it is like going through an underwater haystack. Ambush predators hide in there to attack schools of bait fish and invertebrates while I hunt them. For this I use my Taimen as I can thread it through the vegetation as I slowly wind my way through the halls and rooms created by the weed and the slightly undulating bottom. Great fun and the only menace is the occasional ray that is as large as a small carpet in terms of swimming too close over the top of them.

Unlike the old guns the new ones float after the shot, especially the mid-handles which before were always sinkers. I started out with a Nemrod "Comando", brand new as it had just replaced the "Goleta" which preceded it.

• Reminds me of my hunts in the seaweed jungle, sometimes it is like shooting fish in a barrel. The seaweed jungle is a shallow bay behind an outer reef that after storms fills up with sheets of busted off kelp, Neptune’s necklace and other fronded seaweeds that hang in curtains so that swimming through it is like going through an underwater haystack. Ambush predators hide in there to attack schools of bait fish and invertebrates while I hunt them. For this I use my Taimen as I can thread it through the vegetation as I slowly wind my way through the halls and rooms created by the weed and the slightly undulating bottom. Great fun and the only menace is the occasional ray that is as large as a small carpet in terms of swimming too close over the top of them.

Unlike the old guns the new ones float after the shot, especially the mid-handles which before were always sinkers. I started out with a Nemrod "Comando", brand new as it had just replaced the "Goleta" which preceded it.

Un Hombre tiene que creer en algo.......
    Creo que me iré de pesca!!!