Footpocket Question

• I have a set of Seacsub Fibrex fins. These fins are a bit too soft for my taste but the footpockets are very comfortable. I want to use these footpockets on different blades but the problem is that seacsub blades and footpockets are straight all the way, no angle at all. I was told that if I put the footpockets in boiling water for 5 min I could arc the footpocket enough without damaging it. Anyone ever heard of such a thing or should I just give up and find different footpockets?

• Yeah, the tendons will mold fine but I don't want to brake the blades by forcing their angled end into straight pockets. I just want to make sure it is duable before I ruin these footpockets. I rather sell the fins and buy other footpockets. I was told Pepin had done it before but who knows.

• In all the interchangeable f/p I've seen the part where you push the blade into is always straight. It is only the tendons that start to angle down. Maybe I shouldn't comment any more not having seen your f/p.

• All attempts to solve this issue are appreciated even if you haven't seen these footpockets. In this particular case the tendons are straight.