More fun with Shapelock

• Paul is stationed in Okinawa, and asked me if I could make a camera mount to fit his Riffe Euro. I figured probably so, but I didn't have a Riffe Euro handy to take dimensions from. He didn't have dial calipers to take accurate measurements, and was also concerned about the mount sticking up high enough to interfere with the bands on the open track. So here's what we came up with. I sent him some of the moldable shapelock plastic, and he made a two-piece cast of his gun, in the area where he wanted the camera to mount. He sent that back to me, and I used it to get accurate height, width, and corner radius measurements to fab his mount, and to keep the height above the gun to a minimum. I realize it's not exactly rocket science, but it still feels good when you find a way around a problem!

• Hey Jeff,
    why not just make it to fit the reel all in one piece? Even if you had to screw the mount into the gun like you do the reel.

Anyhow, sweet, regardless of my nonsense.

• That's certainly an option, but in this case he wanted it seperate from the real, and easily removable. I find that lots of people have multiple guns that are similar, and want the ability to move the mount to any of several guns.