New Pinch Weights are here

• It seems like it has taken forever, but the shipment of the new pinch weights is finally here. These are the same 2-lb size as the old design, but based on feedback from California divers, they have a little more rounded and streamlined shape. I have to say the foundry did a great job. The quality is better than anything that I could produce.

So far as I know, these fit all of the mainstream belts including Cressi, Omer, Rob Allen, Sumora, and others. The only belts that could be a problem would be those that are less than about 1-3/4" wide, as they might not fill the belt cavity completely enough to stay locked in place. Even with the belt hung vertically, they stay put.

For anyone who never saw the older version, this is how they work. The inside of the belt slot is narrowed at the middle to create a "pinch" point. When the belt is stretched, it gets narrower, and the weight slides along easily. When the belt is relaxed, it expands to fill the belt slot, and the weight stays locked firmly in place. This little wooden model shows what I mean. You will need to taper the end of the belt a little to get it started, like in the last pic.

They are still $7.50 each, and I can get about 40 lbs in a $12 flat rate shipping box.

Thanks again to everyone who has been so patient with me while I worked to get things to this point. No more waiting on me to pour a batch in the driveway. There should be plenty to go around now!

• Congrats on a great product Jeff. I'm using the 1st generation 1.25lb pinch weights for a year now and wouldn't want to dive with another weight ever again. Taking the weights on and off is so easy making it much more likely that I'll adjust my weight as soon as it's needed. You've truly given a gift to the diving community.

• Thanks for the endorsement Dan. It's funny how so many of the ideas that I tinker with ultimately fail because I tried to make them too complicated. I remember when I made the first wood model of the pinch weights. I figured there must be a flaw that was obvious to everyone but me, because the idea seemed so simple!