Adrian's new muzzle

• I was reading the review posted by hau and I totally understand what he is saying about the pin angle. For some reason I don't have that problem of the shaft falling out of the rail on either of my guns. I use a reel just like him, but I have the drag set in such a way that the mono/shooting line is always under enough tension (like with a bungee) to keep the shaft in place. I think that a better solution would be to have the U shaped track of the muzzle a little deeper allowing for the side to help holding the shaft in place. Tin Man is anyone else having this issue with the muzzle? Thanks for the PH testing by the way.

• Tin Man is anyone else having this issue with the muzzle?

Of the 8 that I made, the guys on this board account for 6. So what's been posted here is pretty much all the information that I have so far.

Making the track deeper is a little tougher than adjusting the pin length / angle. I can't cut the bottom lower, because that has to match the barrel. To make the sides higher, I would have to start with a larger diameter piece of delrin, which of course would be more expensive.

• Yes Tin Man, you would have to start with a slightly larger piece of delrin. But like I said previously, I am happy with mines the way the are. I don't do shoot inside holes or aim upside down with my 120 or 110. As long as the shaft doesn't come out when tracking a fish laterally I am fine.

• I had so much confidence in the new muzzle that I didn't put my spare gun in the yak.
    I hit a mac today at the very end my shooting line with the new muzzle.
    The sight picture is even better than the RA muzzle.
    Today I discovered that when I let go of my LOADED RA that it just rolled over to shaft down position and just barely sinks perfectly flat in the water :thumbsup2:

• This is a just a reporting of Tin Mans new muzzle / spike.
    I have logged 40hours in the water with the new muzzle and it works GREAT :thumbsup2:
    Thank you Tin Man for another great design, keep them coming

• Hau - Have you had a chance to try both the black and the white muzzles? I'm very curious to hear if you noticed any difference, or prefer one over the other.

LunkerBuster - Would you mind restating your observations here?

• here is my report on the muzzle

I had another great day with the white muzzle on saturday and i used the spike too. Fortunately not a shark, but I had shot a nice sized hog and it hit him a little high and he tore the spear out through the back..he was dazed and I was already swimming in to collect him and the spear so rather than try to grab the spear and stab him, i just went thwack and stuck the muzzle spike right into his head and down into the sand. done. grabbed him, removed the spike and swam up to the surface feeling satisfied about the one that didn't get away --- as afar as a difference between the colors,none as far as the fish or functionality....I think i like the white better for three reasons.
    one it gives me better contrast at the end of the gun or sighting the fish , I seem to see the spear a lot better against the white and that speeds the aiming
    two it has a distinct way of IDing the gun in a pile of guns on a boat..mine was the only white muzzle to be sure
    three I think it looks cool, as silly as it sounds..i like the all black cos it is very sinister and low profile, but i feel the white is cooler and that makes me cooler by association

all in all, I think the white has a real nice advantage in the sight picture and I like it

i like to spear fish

• Dan---I guess I prefer the "sinister" look better.:D

Tin Man--sorry for the late reply.My white muzzle is still in the baggy
    I put my black Tin Man muzzle on an like it so well that I haven't taken it off. In fact, I had to use the spike for real today for the first time :@

I would have had another schoolmaster but a moray shredded it before he met my Tin Man spike
    I shot a schoolmaster that ran out over the sand. As I pulled him in he hit the reef ledge and the next thing I knew was I was underwater and headed down with a 6foot moray on my fish and shaft.
    I pulled down hand over hand 35f to get to the moray as I couldn't pull him up.
    By the time I got my fish away from the moray the fish was shredded

[Sorry, I don't know how to do the quote function]