fixing hole in wood gun advice.

• Need advice on a repair job with my gun please, I had drilled a screw in to my wood Riffe Euro for a spare shaft holder and recently decided to not use one and pulled out the screw which obviously left a hole in the wood. What is the best sealent to put in the hole to stop sea water getting in and strengthen the wood like new again. It is 2 small holes so I dont need much, I forget the name of the marine selant most use for boats which drys hard and is water proof, any help would be great, thanks guys.

• If you leave it the way it is no harm will come to it. Or you can use the epoxy stick sold in home depot. I like to use the wood/beige colored one. You cut off a small piece and knead it together for the the two different components to mix, then stuff it into the hold. When it dries solid, 15 min, you can sand it flat.

• Some fine teak sawdust mixed in with 2-part 5-minute epoxy will also work, and will match the color about as well as you can without using a teak plug. The thinner epoxy will soak down into the screw hole pretty well.

Drilling the screw hole to the next common size (like 1/4") and using a plug cutter to make a plug from a scrap of teak is probably the most attractive repair (if you care how it looks), but it's never going to be invisible.

• The epoxy and some sanded dust from my gun sounds good, I just sanded it last night to oil it again so I have plenty left to mix with, thanks guys.