My yak cart

• I finally found the proper garbage to build my yak cart. When i say garbage i mean it leterally, my neighbor threw away a three wheel stroller and I was the lucky one to snag it before anyone else:thumbsup2:. It took about a 1/2 hour total. I just cut everything off the rear axle accept the two main support bars and screwed a cut strap to both of the bars. I have a cranking strap with two hooks to secure over the top. It took a bit of tinkering to get it on tight and straight but it seems to work fine. Now i need to figure out what to do with the cart once its is to the water. I am not sure if I will strap it to the top, put it in the hatch or bring it back to the truck.

• Nice try, the main problem I see is that the stroller is not stainless steel, whereas all kayak carts are. It will rust pretty fast even if just left in the rain, ask me how I know.. If you take it on the yak with you, you'll get one use out of it before it starts to look terrible. Loading a wet kayak on it will amount to the same result eventually. Also the wheels are too thin to go over sand.

• id rather swim from shore rather than to deal with the entire hassle.

however if you like kayaking , its another story.
    this sport costs money, if that be having a boat or, pitching in for gas to go out with friends. there is no way around it.
    after a while you will feel unchallenged and bored diving in 45 feet of barren reefs

sorry for the derail... nice cart

Edited 2 times, last by Alan ().