Which is your favorite euro (pipe gun) handle?

• Top left, but not for the t20, looks similar, but for the Cayman guns, but it's much nicer than the one that comes with it. The palm rest is much wider, like a competition pistol. Very nice.

• Where is it sold for $80?

• Yeah, for 80.00 dollars I could be willing to overlook a couple of things. Let me know where I can get them for that price.

• $80 is expensive for that handle and mech. I could sell this Merou clone at at better price and without the hassle of removing the safety. The trigger pull on the last one I got was too hard. I'm getting sent another one to see if it was an isolated problem. If the trigger pull is alright I'll order a few of them.

• just looking at the pic again and i have two things pop into my mind

the first is that the loading pad on this gun, and almost every euro, is too high. Not that it is not effective for loading, but it seems like it is right in the way when looking down your arm...I find this to be very true of the beuchat munidal handle as well. and the mako, whichever is the cheaper handle.
    Why do they do this? does anyone else want the thing lowered an inch, maybe even just a half inch?

the second is that sharkfin tabs are infinitely superior for many reasons, why aren't they universally used? I have a RA shaft and it is bendy and hard as shit, I love it for those reasons, but if it had tabs it would be about 30%better for the loading and positioning the shaft in the mech without looking, and or the loading/rigging options.
    What are it's downsides?price? bigger hole in the fish, maybe?

what it is about the handle of the gun is so much about the angle of the handle. that is sooo big for each shooter based on hand size and angle of the fingers..if you are forced to break your wrist up or down at all, it loses a considerable amount of strength (see; sloppy drunken punch breaks YOUR hand not other guy's face)

i personally like as big a handle as possible because i have big hands and find i get cramps from holding the smaller handled guns (i hate the handles on the wong guns i held at blue wild....felt like squirt gun handles)
    I would tend to shapelock i guess..i really should experiment...

i like to spear fish

• i should add for clarity, I understand that there is a required tradeoff in order to reduce mass and streamline the gun, but the mech should be small, the handle bigger IMO

the handle it the only point to apply force one handed and since it is the fulcrum(i guess really your elbow or shoulder is, depending on how you move the gun through the water) you need to be able to effectively transfer maximum force as efficiently as possible

i like to spear fish

• Can't relate to the loading pad being too high, I hardly look at the gun when I shoot. The sharkfin tabs take more work to make/weld on and as such the shafts that have them cost more. If you had minimum tools, a hack saw and a file, in a pinch you could make a shaft out of a steel rod by cutting notches for the wishbones.

i hate the handles on the wong guns i held at blue wild....felt like squirt gun handles

I've always said the old Aimrite handle is a crappy handle, I really like your description.

• . . . what it is about the handle of the gun is so much about the angle of the handle. that is sooo big for each shooter based on hand size and angle of the fingers..if you are forced to break your wrist up or down at all, it loses a considerable amount of strength (see; sloppy drunken punch breaks YOUR hand not other guy's face)

+1 on that, and I'll add that the position of the trigger makes a big difference too. I got bonked in the head shooting one of Griswold's mid-handle guns in the pool the other day. His hands are bigger, and his trigger further forward. In reaching around to get my finger on the trigger, I failed to notice that I didn't really have the palm of my hand properly positioned behind the handle. It was more at the base of my thumb. When I pulled the trigger, the gun just folded my thumb back and recoiled backwards.

I did have my other hand on the but of the gun, but wasn't really expecting to stop it's full force. Embarrassing more than anything, but a lesson learned.

• Rob allen Vecta Handle. if this gun could be recreated with a SS cartridge, and SS line release. it would the ultimate freediving gun for the $$$

I dove with the c3x the other day and i dont like how it feels in the water, too bulky, the handle sucks, and looks like a pain in the ass to track with. just my personal opinion. whoever wants to test this opinion make a dive with my rob allen and then make a dive with a riffe type of gun. wait forgot to mention the recoil ..holy shit it felt like an explosion in my hand :)

then again a great spearo is successful with any gun in his hands.

Edited once, last by Alan ().

• the demka handle is by far the best euro imo. it takes pretty much every shaft i ever tried including the old style ra's, it's wide enough to handle a 7.5mm with shooting line, it's by far the best grip (at least for me) because it's non slip and it's squishy but not too much and the trigger is at the correct position, the loading pad is very comfortable, the safety works well and is clearly labeled, it's one of the strongest i have tested (the new aimrite and rabitech 3000 are probably stronger now), it's got great sensitivity under load and the sensitivity is adjustable, it also has an stainless line release. the only drawbacks imo are the thing looks butt ugly, it's not an inverse design, the other thing is the line release is on the left which is kinda awkward but i find that i got use to it and it doesn't bother me now.

steve

steve veros

in loving memory of paolo

Edited 2 times, last by metelin ().