Lost Wax concept gun

• I don't think there was anything wrong with the gun, as I had been consistently accurate on smaller fish. I think it was simple operator error, and something that I have known myself to do before. I have whiffed shots on large fish before, when it seemed like he was so big and so close that I couldn't miss, and I didn't take the additional second or two to "aim small, miss small".

I think of it like shooting birds in a large flock. If you have ever hunted dove, or something similar that sometimes come at you in a big flock, you know what I mean. It seems like you could just shoot in the general direction, and couldn't possibly miss. But if you don't aim at a particular bird, you surely will miss.

• for sure....I know that metaphor well, nice rhetorical device :toast:

BTW, I shot down a bahamian dove, on the wing, with a blow gun.

once in a lifetime shot, possibly the best shot on anything I have ever taken :D

i like to spear fish

• Wow, that's amazing. Blow guns must be more formidable than I realized. Or else you are raising our own poison dart frogs. :D

haha, maybe poison, just a really lucky shot... I was out with a buddy shooting bufo toads so they didn't kill our dogs..the dart was loaded in the tube as we walked passed a large hedge, maybe 20 yards long and about 40 doves took off in front of us and went out about 15 ft across our path from right to left and turned towards us...the one I shot was about 10 ft out and one of the closer ones...the shot went under his wing and straight into his lung and out the back...he dropped, maybe there was bufo on the dart? my redneck buddy just ran and grabbed it and asked if he could have it cos "damn, man these doves are tasty in stew!!" so I gave it to him...I'm squeemish about field dressing above-water animals :confused1:

i like to spear fish