Lost Wax concept gun

• Great, now I got it. Thanks
    So how long is it from the mech end of the shaft to the end of the muzzle please? :rolleyes1:
    [I shoot as short a shaft as a muzzle will allow]
    Sorry, no more stupid questions to slow you down

[Will be GREAT to not have any rusty old RA shafts staining all my other gear]

• Tin Man---thanks for taking the time to measure the distance for me :)

I just finished writing on SB [I know, I'm bored an went to the dark side] an answer to sweatloaf about your line retaining loop in the muzzle and looking at the pictures when I realized that you are using a ss screw to attach the new muzzle to the new barrel. Your current line retaining system works great, but;
    1.Would it be easier, faster, cheaper and just as good to use a line retainer like the RA?
    The RA line retainer is held in place by the same ss screw that attaches the muzzle to the barrel and also acts as a washer for the ss screw.
    I could take an iphone picture and email it to you if wanted
    Hope this helps

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited 2 times, last by hau ().

• Hau,

Yes, please. Send me a picture of the RA line retainer you referred to.

As for easier, faster, and cheaper . . . You may be rigt. But this gun wasn't designed for mass production.

• Tin Man--OK, 3 pics sent
    The RA retainers retail for $2. at FF.
    I like them cause I don't have to worry about cracking my CF barrels if I tighten the muzzle/barrel screw a little to much.
    [I promise to learn an start using my FX37 camera while I'm crippled:rolleyes1:]

• Thanks Hau, I got the pictures. I hadn't seen those before. They look like they would work pretty well, except that the hole looks awfully small. I don't know if I could get the loop of my muzzle bungie through there unless I drop down to smaller cord.

• post the pics hau so we can keep track of the thread..it will help me understand the difference...new ideas and changes to anything will help everyone here....that if it's ok with you all:)

• Alvin---sorry bro. I emailed the pic to Tin Man cause I only KNOW how to do the photo to email thing.
    I'll have to go back to Dan's tutorial to figure out how to post iphone pics here, sorry

jeje no problem bro...but now i see the pic and understand what you talking about...... thanks Tin man

• Here's what I meant by the muzzle bungie attachment. I wasn't sure if the loop would go through the RA anchor, but maybe that's not how it is intended? I want to keep my options open with this gun, as I might use it with a reel, a floatline, or on scu . . . Uh, not freediving.

Edited once, last by Guest ().

• Tin Man---yep, thats it. :)
    The RA bungee is set up just like yours in your last picture.
    The RA retainer works good for the RA bungee AND a gun reel system.
    If you like I would be happy to fast mail one of my RA line retainers tomorrow for you to check out?

• I have the modified Neptonics Reef mech mounted now. The line release slot is cut, but I haven't yet completed the lever or spring resetting mechanism. The aluminum handle is ready for Shapelock, and the forward and rear mortises are cut to fit.

I started working on the Shapelock last night, but that part always takes me a while. Not because it's hard, but because it is so easy to shape that you get addicted to trying to get the fit "perfect"

• Looking awesome. But is very interesting the way that handle is going to be mounted. Please when you get the installation in progress post some pics of it ...very curious how the handle is going to fit there . Can't wait to see the end product

• Yep, this whole gun built has has me drooling since day one.
    The trigger mech looks like a perfect match for this gun.
    I REALLY like the extra room inside the trigger guard for the trigger finger and the ANGLE of the grip tang.
    Looking great Tin Man :thumbsup2:

• Alvin - The handle will be a tight fit, with each of the vertical legs or "tenons", extending into one of the square mortise pockets. I will then pin it in place with a small 1/8" stainless pin in each tenon, just to make sure that it can't work loose. I'll take some pics when I mount it.

• See the pic below. I did not insert the wood. The wood section for the rear of the gun was attached to the wax forward section before I laid up the carbon fiber. The carbon fiber was wrapped around the wood from the beginning.