Security chain Kryptonite Fahgettaboudit

• Is that bad the situation in Florida??!!

Worse.

Dan,

I'd look to the medieval times for your solution. First, dig a deep moat around the rib and place a few hungry everglades gators to prowl around the structure. Construct a European-style fortress equipped with guard towers 100 feet high and walls 30' thick. I would go over to Port Everglades and ask the ship yard for scrap molten metal, which you can heat into liquid and pour over the invading marauders. If the walls are breached, set up a line of defense with your dogs and family with powerful cross bows, which you can purchase from Gander Mountain. Make sure you have a large stock pile of baked beans and sweat peas cans in case of a long seige. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, a quality hitch lock can go a long way.:D Be strong!

• what do you plan on attaching the chain to?

A couple of rebars set into cement in a hole in the ground.

Marco, I don't know how bad it is here when it comes to boats, but I don't want to find out. I don't want to be a target, or even worry about the possibility. A year ago I left a dog crate by my front door for a few days and it was stolen. I don't have insurance on the boat so I have to protect my investment.

I also put the car in front of the boat and my kennel (with a dog in it) is right behind the boat.

Rolo, the castle thing is right up my alley, except with Caribbean flavor :)

• Dan, you should also consider a tarp for over the boat...even if you have a nice cover....a gray or blue tarp will "class the boat down" and make it that much less attractive to would be prowlers...

i like to spear fish