Omer Stingray foot pockets review

• Hi,
    I'd like to know if is possible to put the Omer Stingray foot pockets with the Speardiver blades?
    Does it has a T slot in the tendons to fit the rail rubber or it must be glued at blade?
    Dan, do you know if is possible change the Pathos for Stingray? I saw that this pockets are available in size 49-50.
    Thanks!

• The Stingray foot pocket tendons have a T slot and require tendon rails to be glued onto the blade edges. The tendon T slot accepts the rails well. The stingrays accept a conventional blade back edge, but for it to go all the way to the end of the slot a small recess needs to be shaped in the back edge of the blade. Pics are of a Stingray foot pocket and a Speardiver C90 blade with a reshaped back edge.

It is possible to remove the blades from the Pathos footpockets but it's difficult. I can always salvage the blades, sometimes the Pathos footpockets get damaged.

• Hey these are my first real freediving fins and i think they are excellent i have never had any cramp issues or blisters ( i do wear a bootie). I am thinking of upgrading to a slightly stiffer blade can anyone recommend some preferably CF and camo, just for the coolness

• cool thread! just wondering what are the +'s and -'s of fibreglass and carbon fibre? and can anyone recommend me a slightly stiffer blade than the omer stingray's as i feel i can use a stiffer blade now that i have slightly better technique;)

• Just wanted to bump this thread. I am using Speardiver C90 blades in Capt. Nemo pockets. The setup works fine for me (a definite improvement from my old Omer Millenium pockets, which I did not love), but when I try on my brother's Stingrays (with omer stingray carbon 20 blades), I continue to be amazed by how well they fit. I've tried 5 different types of pockets in the water (Omer Milleniums, Capt. Nemo, H. Dessault, Cressi, and Omer Stingray) and the Stingrays continue to be the most comfortable pocket I have ever had a chance to try. I'm thinking about picking up a pair of Stingrays to pair with my Speardiver C90 blades.

Is anyone using Stingray pockets with their Speardiver fins? And if so, what do you think?