Great post free vs. scuba

• I've never run into this issue before. Where I live, I've neither seen nor heard anyone hassle another about their fishing habits. I've fished with by-the-book anglers, C&R-only anglers (which I am), and even anglers who cheat on their limits by a fish or two (which I've only encountered once or twice, and frown upon), and I've spoken with hundreds more that I've met at the lake or the bait shop, and not once have I heard one fisherman berate another. I was never aware that this was a prevalent problem.

• I've never run into this issue before. Where I live, I've neither seen nor heard anyone hassle another about their fishing habits. I've fished with by-the-book anglers, C&R-only anglers (which I am), and even anglers who cheat on their limits by a fish or two (which I've only encountered once or twice, and frown upon), and I've spoken with hundreds more that I've met at the lake or the bait shop, and not once have I heard one fisherman berate another. I was never aware that this was a prevalent problem.

I'm sure it's very regional - perspectives vary so much by location. If you fish some of these lakes where the Basscar circuits run... you'll get some heated purists standing on their moral soapboxes. :rolleyes1:

Like spearfishing in general... in Hawaii, it's part of the culture & admired. Lots of us grew up with a polespear and a clorox-bottle dive float. It was just one of the normal family beach activities.

In California... the general populace often doesn't even know what spearfishing is, frowns upon it, or sometimes both... "I don't know what a speargun is, but it sounds wrong". Not sure if it's the sense of overt policical correctness or just a general disconnect between the dinner table & where the food comes from.

In California... the general populace often doesn't even know what spearfishing is, frowns upon it, or sometimes both... "I don't know what a speargun is, but it sounds wrong". Not sure if it's the sense of overt policical correctness or just a general disconnect between the dinner table & where the food comes from.

In California, they hear "gun" and immediately think it's a bad thing. Nazi state. Might as well have given the state to the Mexicans by now. :cool2: