• Your interpretation of it is feasible. But in this case the dog's body language didn't indicate fear, when he started running his tail wasn't tucked and his ears weren't laid back.

There have been similar cases where a dog without a doubt actively sought to bring people back to an injured owner, so it's not so hard to believe. The dog's mental process may not be exactly the way people imagine it "I'm going to go look for help now", it's probably more linked to the emotional, having to do with stress and stress relief.

• Exactly my point, we have a family discussion over the subject, and what I am afraid of is falling into "Personification" , I mean to actually give a dog human thoughts and feelings. I think people tend to project their own feelings upon animals actions.

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• I am in love with that dog, It has a scary prey drive and is fearless, even at his early age. He is smart and loving, but is noisy as hell tho, Is wired, barks and destroy thinngs aaaall day and night long .. another curios thing is he likes brooms better than anything else , the sweeping motion makes him crazy :)

• it wasn't necessarily looking for help, but it was looking for something..i agree with Dan, not fear but purpose in that dog.

I see Dan's point, it knew something was wrong and that made him uncomfortable and he felt better when other people were involved...?

either way he deserves a treat

i like to spear fish

• I am in love with that dog, It has a scary prey drive and is fearless, even at his early age. He is smart and loving, but is noisy as hell tho, Is wired, barks and destroy thinngs aaaall day and night long .. another curios thing is he likes brooms better than anything else , the sweeping motion makes him crazy :)

awesome...new pics please :thumbsup2:

i like to spear fish

• The going after the broom is normal behavior. If he's getting in the way make sure whoever's sweeping doesn't hold back and the broom connects with his face. Don't make the movement any different than your actual sweeping movements. I find the broom biting entertaining in the first instant but then I want it stopped. The dog should learn where he can and can't direct his prey drive. Same as biting people's pant legs. Don't be afraid of "killing" his drive. If he were to do this to a horse he'd get kicked and may not even have a chance to learn from the experience.

• one more thought about the GSD in the video.....Monster, how many people do you know of who are regarded as heroes who simply followed one instinct into an other???

I would guess all but a few, maybe 90%.

I allow that some people see a threat and become super heroes, maybe even everyone does when they have to, but I think the fact that this dog brought the needed rescue to a person in danger makes him a hero, even if his motives weren't heroic.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2457&dat=19930219&id=B4gzAAAAIBAJ&sjid=gDgHAAAAIBAJ&pg=5012,1426432

that dog is super man!

i like to spear fish

• LB. I was really stoked to see the vid for the very first time. And I do think dogs are capable of great things and awesome feats, but I wanted to remain Skceptical (spelling) about this one, cause I didn´t have enough info about the case. Now that you both made the point about that dog´s gestures and body language (Do I need to say buddy language :) ) Is clear enough that the dog was comitted to do something about it, and he did. Awesome dog. Working dogs, as attached as they are to their handlers/owners, are capable of truly great feats on a daily basis. I really think there are many unknow stories about patrol dogs , herders and even blind dogs performing in an extraordinary way.

Thanks for the link!