Carrucho, Lambi, Giant snail, strombus...

• Hey:

Does anybody knows when is the Giant snail season (caruccho, lambi, strombus, etc)?? Also Id like to know where exactly it has to becrushed to get to the retractor muscle so I can take it out and eliminate the hassle of carrying its giant shell. there are so many and taste delicious... In past times I boiled them and it got out pretty easy, but cant sell them cause they were cooked, and also had to carry like 15 giant shells to the shore and they get pretty heavy :(

(I really hate to see little ones killed and piled by irresponsible fishermen) just wanted to say that...

:puertorico:Shakrak Spearfishing Team... We hunt togheter down the abyss... nothing more, nothing less.

[[===#####===============================-------->
    ........####----------------------------------------------.^^OOO
    .........### \ .|
    .........## | \ |
    .........## ___/
    ........##

Aim FAST... Strike HARD

• If you have time you can leave them on the ground until they start coming out a little, then quickly hook the flesh with a fishing hook line. Then hang them, eventually they'll get tired and let go of their shell. This is used with conch, I'm not familiar with your carrucho but maybe it will work for it too, depending on how heavy the shell is.

• oooooooo thanks DAN, but i think they are fisiologycaly attached to their shell by a muscle and ligaments, the shell grows hith the animal, like our bones, and when it dies the hermit crabs uses the shell as a house!! but ill try that, seems like a good technike!!! they are heavy, really heavy...

Once saw a spotted eagle ray destroing a big one with just its teeth, I wish I could do that...

:puertorico:Shakrak Spearfishing Team... We hunt togheter down the abyss... nothing more, nothing less.

.........### \ .|
    .........## | \ |
    .........## ___/
    ........##

Aim FAST... Strike HARD

• hi bolo,
    will try to help you with some instructions. hope i will find them.
    little later.
    hey dan, i heard about the technique you mentioned. they used to do that in grenada a lot, because the shell is more valuable for them then the meat. they use to sell the shells to tourist, and of course they look much better without banging a hole into them. i tryed it once but the damn thing didnt let go the shell for hours, and i didnt felt to good about seeing this thing suffering. so i dont do that again.

• Wow great!! thanks a lot guys, i have one rigth here and was looking on how the hell I was supposed to do that and that guy from the vidoe does it naturrally jejeje :rolleyes1: thanks again Dan and Tinu!!!! it seems like i have to break the second line of the spiral in the back rigth?? if not, ill break the shell completely heheheh, but for next cases ill have to learn the right way!!!!

.........### \ .|
    .........## | \ |
    .........## ___/
    ........##

Aim FAST... Strike HARD

• Ok, did it, and cant believe how easy and fast it got out using the technike on DAN's video,, thanks again, i LUV this forum

My hands are really sticky thoug and it doesnt come out... crazy glue is a babay compared to this sticky substance...

.........### \ .|
    .........## | \ |
    .........## ___/
    ........##

Aim FAST... Strike HARD