Keeping water off camera lens

• the water on the lense of your housing, that really pisses me off all the time.
    its been i while know that i ve been told there is a spray on the market, once applied on the lense the
    water will run off clean as you take the housing of the water. allows clean pics right away.
    up to now i never was able to find out where to get that spray. anyone ever heard about it ?

• man thats a huge mangrove. the biggest i ever got was maybe 5-6 pounds.
    i didnt even know they can get that big. and about the water on the lense of your housing, that really pisses me off all the time.
    its been i while know that i ve been told there is a spray on the market, once applied on the lense the
    water will run off clean as you take the housing of the water. allows clean pics right away.
    up to now i never was able to find out where to get that spray. anyone ever heard about it ?

Iv seen it twice, in wallmart and a kiosk in a mall that selled cameras. It is like a liquid wax, perfect for the housing, but cant be used in the mask cause it is eye and skin irritant.

:puertorico:Shakrak Spearfishing Team... We hunt togheter down the abyss... nothing more, nothing less.

[[===#####===============================-------->
    ........####----------------------------------------------.^^OOO
    .........### \ .|
    .........## | \ |
    .........## ___/
    ........##

Aim FAST... Strike HARD

• Tinu, yes I have used it and was very pleased with the result, simply clean the lens, wipe on the rainx on a clean cloth in a circular fasion until a light haze appears, then use a dry cloth to wipe once more and...done. I re-apply once every 4-5 days of diving but a bottle of it will last me about 5 years though because of how small the lens is.

i like to spear fish

• Try cut an apple in half and apply the pulp to the lens the rinse off, free, works as good as RainX and you get to eat the apple.

• i always knew i could learn something from rambo.so what i have to do to make it work ?
    cut a piece of the apple, mash some of the pulp, apply it to the dry lense, leave it there for how long ?,
    and yes, how long does the rinse off effect will last ? a whole day with in and out off the water, wetting and drying the lense several times ?
    will try it out , does it work with bananas too ? apples are hard to get in tobago sometimes.

• No banannas won't work.. haha.

The apple tip posted above will eventually wash off same as all other solutions.

Just wipe the pulp on the bubble for a bout 20 secs then rinse off.

For Pro work i use a spinning clear disc attachment in front of the lens like they have on ships at sea, it disperses any water hitting the disc.

The camera shoots thru only a small part of the disc near the edge.

• it was said in this thread earlier this rain x cant be applied inside a divingmask because of irritation of eyes.
    but have anyone try to apply this stuff on the outside glass of a divingmask ?
    could be a nice effect, when pushing your head out of the water and looking for your boat or buddies.