Evans vs. Liddel

• Just saw the fight. Dana White didn't look too happy about Liddel's loss. This is the first time I see Evans, looks like a very athletic naturally gifted fighter. In great shape too bobbing and weaving like that for the two rounds. I think he committed to that punch more than Liddel did to his own. Interesting fight and I wonder how Evans will do against a grappler.

• Rashad was the champion in Ultimate Fighter 2 . He's a good fighter. He does well grappling. He's Dana's too so no big $$$$ lose for him.

• I was in training today and I brought it up at the club. Our instructor Rafael said it was because Liddel didn't keep his right arm up to protect his face when he threw the uppercut. Makes sense to me.

• I hadn't seen the vid. WOW he was wide open.
    Dan, you're right with that explanation. One other thing, he threw a rear upper just with his arm. There was absolutely no movement in his body or legs. With his left arm hanging out there, he got nailed. Rashads coach must have seen something from previous fights cause that wasn't a simple cross but a O.H.right.

Edited once, last by Toledo970 ().

• I agree. He usually stands with fists up, arms spread, and tries to smack you in the face, but someone figured him out, and that's all she wrote.

• The right upper is just a reaction ina split second, not a first action. Liddel´s trade mark is to nail swinging foes with the extended left in an open hooking angle.. Not enough soup for Evans this time

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver