Gulf is back open !

• The goverment opened the waters south of my home yesterday, I went spearfishing for the first time this year. It was windy frst thing in the morning, so much that my crew decided not to go with me. Determined, I proceeded by myself. Sometime after 1:00 the seas layed down and I proceeded offshore. I was tied off to a rig in 80ft of wate rwith a rod out and was deciding if I should get in by myself. About that time I noticed a boat load of scuba divers headed in my direction with gear on and spearguns in hand. I quickly grabbed my gear and jumped in ahead of them. I speared 3 mangroves and one Cobia over the course of 30 minutes. Sorry for no pictures, I am going again in the morning with my son, possibly we can get some pictures then.

It was good to be back in the water again.

KC

• Yes, heard the news on my way to Florida this weekend. Still haven't seen what areas are open. The news said it was a 5100 sq mi. area. I'll take a look at the NOAA site.

• I went again today with my son, I speared 7 mangrove Snapper and he managed to break his Saltwater fly rod on a Jack Crevalle. I cant figure how to attach photos, so I down loaded it to my pictures in the gallery. Its the only picture that I have in there. The visibility was around 20ft. I had a good time, we will be back in the water in October when the snapper sason opens.

KC