Whats the best open muzzle?

• Hi guys, I'd like to know what's the best design for a open muzzle, I've used Picasso FH and liked it, very simple. The rob allen open muzzle I think that shows more details tan necessary and got noticed about rubber band scratching.

Thanks!

• Simple is best. Take a look at Tin Man's muzzles. They are one of my favorites.

I prefer individual band holes rather than one large open slot.

• x2 w what Jhn said.. I love Jeff's open muzzles and hau has been grinding his down even more simplified.

i have a crazy open muzzle that Dan helped me modify, it was an old Mudial muzzle that we cut open and now it allows for the use of an inline band which i like very much...

here is one of them on my little RA

i like to spear fish

• Simple is best. Take a look at Tin Man's muzzles. They are one of my favorites.
    I prefer individual band holes rather than one large open slot.

Drakon--X2 what John said.
    IMO the Tin Man muzzle is the best because:
    1. I have several Tin Man muzzles now and almost ALL have the kill spike, like in LunkerBusters picture. The spike is VERY important to me and is not found on any other pipe gun muzzle that I know of.
    2. I have never had a Tin Man product that was less than 100%.
    Hope this helps
    _______

• hau, when you have a chance will you take a picture of the mods you made to the muzzle?
    I know you reduced the size, bent the line wrap pin down more and no longer use the line wrap in favor of the over-under wrap around the spike.
    I would just love a picture so I can model mine after the shaping you ended up achieving

:notworthy3: in advance

i like to spear fish

• I like the new Aimrite a lot, keeps the bands inline and is very simple! I have also hear great things about HH open muzzles.

• I second the new Aimrite, I think it's about as good as it gets for a conservative guy like me. I'm trying to get it copied.

I don't like Hammer Head muzzles. They look good in marketing pics but when you get them in your hands they look and feel cheap. Other muzzles do just as good a job keeping the bands inline.

The Pursuit muzzle is a nice open muzzle. It has a modern look but is practical and without frills. It has a few unique features; it's minimal in size, the shooting line can be wrapped to either side depending on where the line release is, and it incorporates a solid but unobtrusive line anchor which at the same time serves as a line guide if using a reel.

Tin Man muzzles are simple, practical, and well made. They're the only pipe gun muzzles that incorporate a spike. The line anchor on them is probably the strongest around due to the special way it is mounted.

• Well Dan I really liked your open muzzle, but I want the open muzzle to fit even 3 rubbers, what do you think?
    For 2 I think that yours will take even 2x20mm, does it?

Thanks guys for your fast repply.
    Cheers

• Yes, Jeff (Tin Man) makes them.

I Like the new Aimrite muzzle as well. Although I would prefer that the slots not be cut for the wishbones.

Dan, I do like the idea of your line anchor pin. I think I would prefer this to a line anchor that simply screws into the bottom of the muzzle. I use in-line floatline, and my concern is that the added stress will eventually weaken the the screws holes and I will the lose the fish along with a shaft. I like the fact that Jeff "molds" the line anchor into the muzzle. It also helps strengthen the inserted portion of the muzzle. I have had several old style Aimrite muzzles break at the pin that holds the muzzle in the barrel.

• I Like the new Aimrite muzzle as well. Although I would prefer that the slots not be cut for the wishbones.

Same here. But you're running into the problem where a larger percentage of speargun owners don't tie their own bands. Wishbone inserts like these will allow such users to deal with lack of slots in the band holes. The problem is that selling a band with wishbone inserts will make it too expensive.

• If you look closely at Tin Mans first picture on post 13, you will see how his line guide is anchored into the muzzle. The heavy SS wire he uses for the line guide is actually a full loop that goes completely through the Tin Man muzzle and both ends of the SS wire is what you see on the top of the muzzle that is trapped by the barrel in that first picture. There is NO WAY that the Tin Man line guide is EVER going to come loose from the Tin Man muzzle. :D

Drakon--unless I missed it, you haven't posted what gun you need the new muzzle for.
    Please to keep in mind that not all muzzles will fit all barrels.
    Hope this helps

• hau is right in that not all muzzles fit all guns. Beyond the tube diameter it's a matter of how well the track on the muzzle lines up with the track on barrel.

Jeff, what's the price of your 3 and 2 band muzzles?

I believe the Aimrite is $40.

I'll try to make the Pursuit muzzle available for $30. I'll start studying which spearguns it fits.

• Dan - I charge the same $45 price for the 2-hole muzzles with the spike, or for the 3-holed muzzles without the spike. I think I have only made one or two 3-holed muzzles with the spike. Usually, I list them all as $50 including Priority Mail shipping.

• This open muzzle is for a Freedivers speargun, does anyone have any reviews of this brand? They have all the equipments for spearfishing.
    Tin Man, is that you that makes those muzzles? Great work!

Thanks guys!

• Drakon - Yes, I made them. Delrin is a very forgiving material to work with. A little sand paper and steel wool will smooth out just about anything, and some extra-fine steel wool will give it a nice satin shine.