Neptonics Floatline??

• Thanks for the responses to my post regarding Speartek line, lots of good info. Someone mentioned Neptonics line, so I visited the Neptonics site, and found line with integrated bungee that can use a "kelp carrot". I like the idea of a 75' line that can stretch to 100' thats coated for entanglement reduction and managing the line in general. I may do some kelp diving in the future , anybody out west use this line?

Description is below from their website.

PRESSURE PRO
    1400lb Spectra Core

Quickly Change Setups for different fish
    and different locations.

INTEGRATED BUNGIE SYSTEM

1400lb Spectra Core runs throughout the Bungie Systems.

Stretches 350% and offers 30lbs of resistence.

10 Foot Integrated Bungie Stretches to 35 Feet

• yes it works great on smaller fish in the 20'to 40' range . its cool to see the fish hit the bungee ,run a little, and start coming back to you while its tail is still kicking. i dont think i have had a single fish tear out while using it . i dont know what you would want a carrot for in fla. other than a end of the line stoper ,they are made for diving in kelp .
    phil

• Kelp carrot us nice when diving without a float or around others w floatlines. It keeps the terminal end floating and makes your line run over other lines. Still hardly essential but serves a purpose

i like to spear fish

• Kelp carrot us nice when diving without a float or around others w floatlines. It keeps the terminal end floating and makes your line run over other lines. Still hardly essential but serves a purpose

i just always wondered why so many went to Florida. i use them all the time but im biased , its my invention and i make them for josh.
    phil

• I'll be getting the neptonics line now and maybe a carrot later if I ever get out to the west coast. This is great info that saved me from buying the same piece of equipment twice , I didn't realize Riffe lines had an issue with sinking as mentioned in a related post.

• hahaha, that is too funny phil.

they are cool, I use net floats (egg float) on the ends of mine and it is the same idea but a lot less elegant and it doent let my line glide over another line, instead it grabs and pulls the line with it

i like to spear fish