Shark Shield FREEDOM7

• There has been a lot of discussion about it. No one I know of uses it. No doubt it's effective in certain circumstances, but also will not stop a determined attack in other situations. I don't know about that particular model but it's known to zap the wearer and dive buddies on a regular basis. Too much of a PITA to deal with unless you're diving in really dangerous waters, but do you really want to be diving there then?

• I have one and wear it religiously, i dive in south Australia where all the great whites are. My reasoning is if i do get attacked by a shark i don't want the last thing to go through my head to be 'dam i should of got a shark shield'.

Dan you are right, they do give you a small jolt but its not that bad and unless you swim over the top of your dive buddy i don't see how it could zap them. On that note it makes a great trick if your the last one to get back to the boat and lay it on the stainless handrail that everyone is sitting on - i haven't laughed so much in my life seeing them almost jump out of the boat (the jolt is much much worse out of the water).:laughing3:

• if i recal Jono once saying that he usually kept it on his float...this makes a lot of sense to me as it would protect your catch and give you the ability to get within its protective range pretty fast while not having the burden of wearing it all the time.

i like to spear fish