Identify boat

• I doesn't look like it would handle any amount of seas well just because its small and the gunwales are very low. A good bilge pump would be a necessity, storage space is minimal, especially after its rigged to pass coast guard regs. The good is that if you just need it as a means of transportation to/from reef it will work. Operation costs would be minimal, (depending on city rules) storage would be simple possibly even in a one car garage. Lastly, it should be easily towable behind almost any vehicle (smart cars and minis excluded) so most likely your current vehicle would be adequate. To me it looks like a v-hull aluminum jonboat with a 40hp on it. I know several months ago when my friend was looking for a jonboat and that there were lots f/s for very cheap on craigslist. I don't know what it would cost to buy one of those from a dealer, but a jonboat with some customization to suit your needs might be an idea.

something like this might be a starting point:
    http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/boa/2112094753.html

Edited once, last by mrmike ().

• a very small boston whaler or something, i like the idea alot but any shore pound would be friggin tragic and you can get out of port everglades after launching at a ramp to the ocean from several places within ten minuts anyways

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• A RIB would do better.

+1. RIBs are really good for beach launching. Light enough that 3 guys can manage. I have a buddy and his has beach launching wheels that fold up. In Florida, your opinion and needs may vary, but it works for us for short trips to some breakwalls and some points a few miles away.

Long Beach Neptune

USCG 50GT