Speargun opinions wanted.

• OK, so I am currently shooting an old JBL magnum but want to upgrade in the next few months. I have shot several other types of guns and know that I don't like the Euro type as much mainly because I enjoy the longer butt stock (not sure if that is the proper terminology or not) on the American guns mainly because I prefer hip loading. I can chest load pretty easily but just like the hip load better and with the shorter euro butt stock it is a PITA to do. I have shot ocean rhino, which is my favorite but more for scuba than freediving, Riffe, JBL, and a few others. I think I would prefer a wooden gun vs a tube gun as well but if there were a euro/tube gun with the extended stock I would take a look. I am not going to have tons of cash to throw into it but would like to get a decent gun. I just wanted to get opinions on makes/models for me to consider when making my selection. Thanks. :thumbsup2:

• for what you said iwould recommend an andre, a deathstick or a custom gun...i think the configuration you like is called a rearhandled plus...it is not a mid handle.

I think you would love Dan's gun, it sounds like it is exactly what you are describing.

i like to spear fish

• Yea, Dan's is pretty sick. I was looking at the deathstick guns, Biller and Riffe's since they have the mid handle series and there standard even has about the length I am looking for. I really wish Ocean Rhino made a freedive compatible gun; they are just too bulky but I love those guns.

• I have heard of a guy freediving w one. I'm sure they aren't too heavy underwater.

Use my rob Allen while you save up enough for a great gun. Go for a deathstick or a custom. I don't know what he charges, but Tito makes amazing guns and couldaurely make a nice rear handle plus.

i like to spear fish

• Get your terminology straight guys. A mid handle or a rear handle plus will not do what shallow runner wants. Both these style guns negate the advantage of having stock behind the handle for hip loading purposes.

• Have you tried the riffe euro x models? They come with a butt extension that makes hip-loading a breeze.I have the 120x and you can try it out if we go out sometime to see if you like it.

• I actually was looking at the Euro X Series from Riffe as that is about what I was looking for. Ben, I love the Andre guns (look, never shot one) but pushing $500 may be a tad out of my budget (you know how it is being a full time student); though I may just have to suck it up and spend the cash. Judah, my gun still works and kills fish, I just want to upgrade; but good looking out bro. I have never heard of anyone freediving with the ocean Rhino's though; I may have to stop in and talk with Kevin while I am back in the Tampa area. How is the gun selection at Florida Freedivers? Never been over there and would like to be able to check out a few different guns. Or if anyone knows another shop in the area with more than what Diver's Direct carries.