Best speargun coating / finish ?

• I was wondering about this as well, I know epoxy yellows horribly in sunlight. Would a clear coat keep it fom yellowing?

I guess ill be the first to try, like stated in a old post most guns usually see the sun a few hours 1 or twice a week tops, I have some PPG clear im going to spray over the top of west 105 then sand and buff well see how it comes out

• I guess ill be the first to try, like stated in a old post most guns usually see the sun a few hours 1 or twice a week tops, I have some PPG clear im going to spray over the top of west 105 then sand and buff well see how it comes out

Hey JAPSW- how did the clear over epoxy go??
    Cheers

• just an update, warmed some west system 105 by placing the can on top of the AC unit fan and the epoxy thinned out immensely, no need to cut it with xylene or acetone

• even better to warm the piece to be coated rather than the epoxy itself as it cures much quicker if you heat the epoxy. put your gun in a small room/closet etc with a space heater or something. youd be amazed how well the epoxy flows onto something warm. As for the clear over the epoxy your on the right track with the ppg clear. it does much better than a wood grade urathane or polyurathane as they just dont get hard enough to protect against scratching etc..

• looks like 2 part poly urethane clear (Global line from PPG) is the trick to that mirror finish, adhered well and no funky reactions, can be wet sanded and buffed to perfection:cool2: