Good tick control for dogs - Preventic tick collar

• I've been looking for a while for a solution to the tick problem I'm having with my pups. I really hate the idea of those parasites sucking on the dogs until they're full with blood, then climbing up the walls. Anyways I tried a few different products but none worked.

The last thing I tried is the Preventic tick collar. I didn't want to use a collar as I feel it gets in the way of the real collar but I was out of options. I have to conclude that the tick collar works pretty well. I haven't seen a tick attached to the pup for a couple of weeks now except for one or two in between the toes on the bottom side. Today I checked again and there was none. Before the collar every time I checked I'd remove about ten ticks sometimes more.

I only put the collar on one pup to keep the other pup as a control. The other pup also no longer has ticks. I'm not discounting the possibility that there is a tick season here but I doubt it. The reason I doubt it is that I still see ticks walking on the dogs they just never attach. This product is supposed to paralyze their mouth parts so they can't attach. The other thing is that dogs who's immune system is strong are supposed to be more resistant to these parasites. Maybe it was a matter of the two pups adjusting to their new surroundings until they are no longer stressed. Yet another possibility is that because they spend so much time in close physical contact the drug present in the collar rubbed off on the other pup. Overall I have some confidence in this collar now.