Goodmorning beautiful SFL

• I haven't flown in a few years, but was about 10 hours away from getting my private when "life" happened. That sounds like a great idea. Are you flying Cessnas or Pipers?

Oh and I roadrace sportbikes, too, in the MidAtlantic region in the expert division :D. Welcome to the site.

I fly cessna 152s/172s and beechcraft duchess'

• they're great over at dixie divers.. talk to joel there, i'm sure you met him if you went out on thursday. i've bought a few of my guns from them. i have the ab biller 48, great gun, will probably last me forever. just make sure to clean it well when you're done. my boyfriend also has an ab biller, a 42, which he brings out in the reef when he's not using his riffe. i believe they're dredging a beach around there so the viz hasn't been too great around but summer is approaching and it will be flat gorgeous beach days everyday:) (with hopes that they finish this dredging ASAP). also, grouper season opens april 1st.. hopefully they'll halt the operations for the season opener;) you're sticking to beach dives? that's what my boyfriend and i do around here in south fla.. just kayaks and paddle boards.. also try out the intercoastal, it's not always as clear but there's some good eating there too:) dive safe ! let us know how it goes.

can you spear in the intercoastal??:confused1:

Que viva la pesca :cuba:

• From Myfwc.com

Spearfishing of marine and freshwater species in freshwater is prohibited.

Possession of a spear gun in or on freshwater is also prohibited.

Within 100 yards of a public swimming beach, any commercial or public fishing pier, or any part of a bridge from which public fishing is allowed.

Within 100 feet of any part of a jetty that is above the surface of the sea except for the last 500 yards of a jetty that extends more than 1,500 yards from the shoreline.

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• There are parts of the intracostal where that wouldnt fit though right? I can think of a few places where it is salt, not near a bridge and more than 200 ft wide. I think there are limited spots but it sounds like it isn't totally restricted

i like to spear fish

• ur prob right judah, but im sure while ur swimming to little strips of legal area there will be FWC makin waves. I dont think id want to dive the IWC anyway. I may be missing something though

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• I agree. I was just thinking that it is not all off limits. Between the viz, the boats and the likely pollution, I would most likely skip too.

I have dove a few spots with a SCUBA group and it would have been a nice place to hunt but most of the ICW is a no harvest area as far as I know. And like was mentioned, your taking your life in your hands with all the boats.

Jpilot1, I have a yak and like Judah said most of us do. The plastic navy is a strong fleet. :thumbsup2: