Goodmorning beautiful SFL

• Hello everyone,

I am jus a typical south Florida guy living in coral springs. I have been seen from riding around a sport bike to flying airplanes as my passion and hobbies. Until one day I started to realize I haven't Ben using the beach quite as often as I should. An amazing idea struck me in that moment.. Spearfishing! I immediately grabbed my iPhone and started googling. I was in luck or technology is jus so fantastic these days either way I found the dixie divers of Deerfield beach and met with te stores great owner Pavan. he helped me ever so greatly in buying my first speargun and freediving equipment. The gun I got is the 48 special :) any reviews on this gun would be great! So my first time in the water with my new toy was on march 10th I took the dive trip with dixie divers off the coast of Deerfield beach.. Unfortunately I was with a whole bunch of scubs an the captain took us to depths of 60-95ft :/ I was still able to get in the water and take a few practice shots with my gun and it was just really nice being out there for te day! What a way to start spring in Florida! This week on Tuesday I will be teat the shores between Hillsboro inlet and pompano beach pier. :) any advice would surely help! Well thank you for reading an I'm looking forward to being an active member of this new community :) se la vee!

Justin De Vlieger

• No I'm afraid not.. But renting an airplane isn't too bad I use a place out of ft lauderdale exec.. Trip to Bahamas!! Hehe :D

• Nice.

What does it cost to rent a 4 seater plane, for 2 days with total 5 hour flight time? Would they let you fly it to the bahamas and keep it there during the trip? sorry, I do not have any experience with renting a plane and the agreements. Thanks

Jason.

Edited once, last by JasonK ().

• they're great over at dixie divers.. talk to joel there, i'm sure you met him if you went out on thursday. i've bought a few of my guns from them. i have the ab biller 48, great gun, will probably last me forever. just make sure to clean it well when you're done. my boyfriend also has an ab biller, a 42, which he brings out in the reef when he's not using his riffe. i believe they're dredging a beach around there so the viz hasn't been too great around but summer is approaching and it will be flat gorgeous beach days everyday:) (with hopes that they finish this dredging ASAP). also, grouper season opens april 1st.. hopefully they'll halt the operations for the season opener;) you're sticking to beach dives? that's what my boyfriend and i do around here in south fla.. just kayaks and paddle boards.. also try out the intercoastal, it's not always as clear but there's some good eating there too:) dive safe ! let us know how it goes.

• they're great over at dixie divers.. talk to joel there, i'm sure you met him if you went out on thursday. i've bought a few of my guns from them. i have the ab biller 48, great gun, will probably last me forever. just make sure to clean it well when you're done. my boyfriend also has an ab biller, a 42, which he brings out in the reef when he's not using his riffe. i believe they're dredging a beach around there so the viz hasn't been too great around but summer is approaching and it will be flat gorgeous beach days everyday:) (with hopes that they finish this dredging ASAP). also, grouper season opens april 1st.. hopefully they'll halt the operations for the season opener;) you're sticking to beach dives? that's what my boyfriend and i do around here in south fla.. just kayaks and paddle boards.. also try out the intercoastal, it's not always as clear but there's some good eating there too:) dive safe ! let us know how it goes.

grouper season opens may 1st:
    68B-14.0039 Recreational Grouper Seasons.
    (1) In all state waters of the Gulf of Mexico, except in all waters of Monroe County, the closed season for the recreational harvest and possession of gag grouper, red grouper, black grouper, yellowfin grouper, yellowmouth grouper, rock hind, red hind or scamp shall be from February 1 through March 31, each year.
    (2) In all state waters of the Atlantic Ocean, including all waters of Monroe County, the closed season for the recreational harvest and possession of gag grouper, black grouper, red grouper, yellowfin grouper, yellowmouth grouper, rock hind, red hind, scamp, coney, graysby, and tiger grouper shall be from January 1 through April 30 each year.
    Rulemaking Authority Art. IV, Sec. 9, Fla. Const. Law Implemented Art. IV, Sec. 9, Fla. Const. History–New 1-6-09, Amended 8-27-09, 1-19-10.

• Hey well the cost shouldn't be too bad it's roughly $122 per HR of flight time and that price is with fuel. We are allowed to have the planes over night I believe the minimum is 5 hrs to keep the plane overnight but i can always talk to the owner if the time haplens to be less. The planes are in great shape and are equipped with gps. 5 hrs split between 4 guys is not bad at all. Everyone on board needs to have a passport.

Yea they really are great over there. Their hospitality is great. Im sure I'll be going quite a bit :)

• Welcome aboard man, lots to learn here. No need for a boat trip here though; lots of good shore dives.

That would be pretty sick; Bahamas for a weekend spear trip. :thumbsup2:

• Welcome aboard man, lots to learn here. No need for a boat trip here though; lots of good shore dives.

That would be pretty sick; Bahamas for a weekend spear trip. :thumbsup2:

Heck yea shore dives! And you stole my word "sick" haha I'm always eager to learn :)

• grouper season opens may 1st:
    68B-14.0039 Recreational Grouper Seasons.
    (1) In all state waters of the Gulf of Mexico, except in all waters of Monroe County, the closed season for the recreational harvest and possession of gag grouper, red grouper, black grouper, yellowfin grouper, yellowmouth grouper, rock hind, red hind or scamp shall be from February 1 through March 31, each year.
    (2) In all state waters of the Atlantic Ocean, including all waters of Monroe County, the closed season for the recreational harvest and possession of gag grouper, black grouper, red grouper, yellowfin grouper, yellowmouth grouper, rock hind, red hind, scamp, coney, graysby, and tiger grouper shall be from January 1 through April 30 each year.
    Rulemaking Authority Art. IV, Sec. 9, Fla. Const. Law Implemented Art. IV, Sec. 9, Fla. Const. History–New 1-6-09, Amended 8-27-09, 1-19-10.

Mr mike sry I thought I replied to you, awesome to hear you are close by, maybe we can meet up sometime for a spearing match although I'm just a beginner but I'm a bad ass mofo.:thumbsup2: Hoping to get my skills good prior to te start of grouper time

• the plane trip sounds quite awesome. I would love to be a part of that when plans get made.

thanks for the compliment friend, while I confess to being a hopeless addict, I make no claim to be any kind of expert :D

i like to spear fish

• Hey well the cost shouldn't be too bad it's roughly $122 per HR of flight time and that price is with fuel. We are allowed to have the planes over night I believe the minimum is 5 hrs to keep the plane overnight but i can always talk to the owner if the time haplens to be less. The planes are in great shape and are equipped with gps. 5 hrs split between 4 guys is not bad at all. Everyone on board needs to have a passport.

I haven't flown in a few years, but was about 10 hours away from getting my private when "life" happened. That sounds like a great idea. Are you flying Cessnas or Pipers?

Oh and I roadrace sportbikes, too, in the MidAtlantic region in the expert division :D. Welcome to the site.