Teaksea "bream"

• very cool stuff, thanks for sharing that...the muzzle is really clever...the best of band stretch and front end shaping....i fear the integrated reel could make a lot more problems with the line binding as it spools out, but still beautifully crafted guns

i like to spear fish

• teak-sea have been solid guns but they had not changed in years following the riffe model, tall and thin instead of the low profile favored currently (even riffe changed with the euro). it' nice to see the new shapes, i like the muzzle and the reel. i think the later is an attempt to prevent "spooling" a problem where the reel line is wrapped under the base of the reel and locks it up. i don't understand the "wings" though, more of the riffe look i guess.

steve veros

in loving memory of paolo

• thanks for that just looked through there catalogue and the trident spears are a bit of an overkill aren't they?

• I've seen a few videos from Europe of people using the multiprongs, including some fairly large fish getting stoned. At close range on bigger fish it may give a higher chance of a stone shot? I've seen some Norcal guys using them too, which would seem to compute with that hypothesis.

Alex

• thanks for that just looked through there catalogue and the trident spears are a bit of an overkill aren't they?

from the people that brought us the citroen, the three hour lunch and other things we may consider different.

shooting big european bass in green water, a mid handle, multi band, big trident equipped gun works great.

frenchies, they are different but it works for them.

steve veros

in loving memory of paolo

• how do you get a fish off of a spear like that???

Pull.. hard!

I love my 5 prong on my low vis gun, but it presents challenges, especially when you shoot a sculpin..
    I usually put my fins on either side of the 5 prong and kick the fish off.

:toast:

Long Beach Neptune

USCG 50GT

• makes sense thanks...i guess you really try to avoid meat shots

Yea, its a double edged sword though. Shoot the skull and its really tough to get the head out, shoot the meat and its easier, but ruins a good portion of the fillet.

:toast:

Long Beach Neptune

USCG 50GT

• yea they seem to do well with them in that clip but the guns were huge for that type of vis but i guess you need a thick spear and lost of power to move one of those trident's