• OK, so I tried posting this on the Florida Sportsman and some other forums with little help so I figured I would try here.

I am (hopefully) going to be purchasing an older model sailboat in the near future and restoring/remodeling it. The process is going to take I imagine a year or more; determined mainly by cost. What I am looking for is a place I can store it on the trailer while I am doing all of this. The issue is everyone around here wants hundreds of dollars per month to store it and I can't swing that reasonably right now, and don't feel it is worth the cost. I don't need a marina, services, or water access necessarily just a safe place where I can work on it. I know back home (Tampa) there are several places like that for like 50-75 per month; just big lots with a fence around them. I am in Ft. Lauderdale but for a decent place don't mind a little drive. This is something I really want to do and this issue is my only real barrier. Any insight into this is appreciated. Thanks.

If it matter I am looking at ~30' vessels.

• as stated before most places wont let you work on it. I store my boat in a sentry self storage place for 120/month. but there max space is 26' long. my 20' boat with the trailer and outboard is exactly 26'. Your best bet might be to check local ads for people looking to rent lot space. as times are hard right now people are looking for any way to make an income. I would just make sure your boat is very securely stored(max trailer security and a boot on the wheel if you could get one) and nothing of value left in it. Again being able to work on it might be the problem and you would probably have to discuss that with the renter.

• Yea, these are the issues I am running into and it really sucks it is the only thing keeping me from it. But what is worse is my new place is right on the water on a canal off the ICW but there are no slips; just a dock on the seawall. The Units next door have them but the guy with an open slip wanted like 300/month which is crazy I think. But thanks for the insight, I will just keep searching.