Spearfishing wetsuit, which exterior is best

• I rinse my suit out after every time and leave out to dry but will try turning inside out and see if that helps, i guess it could be residue of water and lube that makes it stick.

my open cell suit that i have (bless the poor thing as I am terribly rough on my gear) has lasted me almost 4 years now. it is time for a new one but i always rinse it and store it inside out and its never stuck or anything. Plenty of holes in it now that i just keep gluing with wetsuit adhesive to keep it lasting til i can afford a new one thats more durable.

• The guys who do use 7mm suits in the US as a rule are diving in conditions that would be too rough for a smooth cell exterior suit.

Just thinking outloud, i believe there is a misconception here...
    North Atlanitc states are rugged, filled with hills, cliffs, boulders of granite ect. However, beneth the surface is a different world. All the rocks up here are covered in sponges, kelp seaweed or all three. And im sure in Cali its similar.

check out the beginnig of this vid of mine

[VIMEO]26880402[/VIMEO]

https://vimeo.com/26880402 = see? nice and cushy bottom to lay upon.

I dont think i need to show you guys how sharp and rough the bare reefs are down south! ouch

point is i am all for a smooth skin suit being added to your lineup! that instant dry feature is ideal for experienced(carefull) spearos up north and i have been using smooth skin gloves for the past three seasons and they are actually lasting as long as lycra coated gloves used in years prior.

• yes, once you get past the rocky shoreline up here your better off in the water with a delicate suit! I know your mind is made up about it but i just had to put it out there FWIW.

thanks for the tip on the vids, this site has great features.

• my dive buddy bought this jacket (sweatshirt made of 2mm neoprene smooth skin) at the begining of last season and swears by it. Seems to have all the benefits of a similar slick skin suit.

Check it out, you throw it on like a rain suit. but its way more badass
    Hyperflex Playa 2 mm Neoprene Hooded Jacket with Harness Zipper, Black/Red

Dan, is there anyway to get a small batch of smoothskin suits to test or add to the lineup? And its funny how i hear they are more expensive yet they are basically raw neoprene, no lyrca needs to be added. Wondering if you can shed some light on the manufacturing costs/availability

• Chicle/smooth skin is more expensive. The outside surface undergoes special treatment, it's not like the open cell interior. The higher cost and my concerns about durability make me very hesitant to produce this suit.

• I would be interested in a chicle finish and a 1.5mm :D . Ive heard some interesting things about them and as comfortable and warm as your suits are you might be able to sell to some of the competitive freediving community.