WTB a kayak Local. My budget is $250 and below

• My dad is picking up a kayak from a mega yacht captain we know this week. If it doesn't suit our needs for baja, I'll give you a ring.

Long Beach Neptune

USCG 50GT

• it sounds like you are really just looking for a float that is large. you might want to look into older paddle board and windsurf boards.

cheap small yaks are often poorly made. the entry brands like pelican all skimp on the amount of plastic and the rotos are notoriously uneven. if you can get a used OK, they make several models in that size, you will be happier than with a beater brand. without all the bells and whistles what you are paying for is the materials...

of course for 250 you can get a great yak used over here with a little patience on craigslist.

good luck with your search.

i like to spear fish

• cheap small yaks are often poorly made. the entry brands like pelican all skimp on the amount of plastic and the rotos are notoriously uneven. if you can get a used OK, they make several models in that size, you will be happier than with a beater brand. without all the bells and whistles what you are paying for is the materials...

Thanks for that info, I will take that into consideration.

LAVDR: PM sent.