Whites Point Land Slide San Pedro, CA

• The slope finally gave way.

Paseo del Mar land movement now officially a landslide - The Daily Breeze

[url=http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oGdSQLj8JOywYAn7dXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyMDhtbjRkBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMwRjb2xvA3NrMQR2dGlkA0g0NjZfODA-/SIG=13a3um0h3/EXP=1321402251/**http%3a//www.latimes.com/news/la-me-san-pedro-slide-20111115,0,4786283.story%3ftrack=rss]Landslide in San Pedro is a 'life-threatening hazard,' officials say - latimes.com[/url]

• I use to dive that spot 3-5 times a week and walk my dog there every weekend.

No, it's not part of the MLPA but it was easily accessed from shore, by that road. A boat, or a very long walk or swim will be the only way in now.;)

• Whites only produces for local divers for some reason. The sand spits needed some replenishment anyways.

Definitely! Not even remotely a "good" spot. But, it was close to the house and I could hit it for an hour or 2 after work.:thumbsup2:

I SO wish I could do some shore diving in MS. Im so out of shape, it's pathetic.:(

• Whites only produces for local divers for some reason. The sand spits needed some replenishment anyways.

Through the eyes of a PV outsider;

I assume this is because it is off the beaten path per say. I dive PV and I know from our boat trips that that spot is fish galor, but I'd rather have easy access by parking next to the cliff in North PV when shore diving.

Plus White's point is where all that DDT crap is.

• Through the eyes of a PV outsider;

I assume this is because it is off the beaten path per say. I dive PV and I know from our boat trips that that spot is fish galor, but I'd rather have easy access by parking next to the cliff in North PV when shore diving.

Plus White's point is where all that DDT crap is.

The windows of opportunity can be very short on the South East side of the PV Peninsula. Some spots are only divable a few hours out of the entire month. Yes it is the epicenter of the Montrose superfund DDT site.

• "[quote='Tailsurfer','http://spearfishing.world/forums/index.php?thread/&postID=58940#post58940']Through the eyes of a PV outsider;

I assume this is because it is off the beaten path per say. I dive PV and I know from our boat trips that that spot is fish galor, but I'd rather have easy access by parking next to the cliff in North PV when shore diving."

Come on top tuna, you know la jolla is off the hook ;).

Out of curiosity Josh, how many legal wsb have you shot from that slide spot? I'd have to say it can be fishy, and certainly holds fish when the season time is right but no way is it fish galore unless you are counting opies and garabaldis. I know a lot of other spots around pv that hold more and bigger fish.

• when tailsurfer says fish galore he means its wide open on 3-5 lb sheephead

• I've seen many divers get out of the water at Whites due to nausea from the crap vis..Those who are able to tough it out may get a fish or two. Amber lens mask is a must.

• Any spot will produce some nice fish provided one puts in the time. Like Mike said, dirty most of the time. It's a nice spot because of how easy it was to get in and out. The spot is not very deep at all and there is often very little current there.

Like I said before, it was only a couple minutes from my house. It was a good spot when no boats rides were available or to get in a quick dive just for the enjoyment of it and to stay in shape. Seems like it's all going away one way or another. Yes Ron, very disappointing.

• Out of curiosity Josh, how many legal wsb have you shot from that slide spot? I'd have to say it can be fishy, and certainly holds fish when the season time is right but no way is it fish galore unless you are counting opies and garabaldis. I know a lot of other spots around pv that hold more and bigger fish.

I didn't say anything about diving... I agree the vis is always nasty over there, but we have had some WO wsb bites on H&L over there.