Noob, makin' a splash!

• Hello, needless to say, I'm new here to the forum. The bad news is, I've not done any diving since the '80s. The good news is I'm retired now and thinking about getting back in to it. More bad news is, due to medical conditions, I probably will wind up snorkeling.
    I was a Submarine Sonar Technician in the Navy but haven't been in the water much since then. I will probably wind up in some rivers and the coast here in the Big Bend/Panhandle area.
    Maybe I'll see some of you around.

Roy

• Howdy Roy. I call Tallahassee home now. Hit me up if you're looking for a freediving buddy, as I might be in town. I've was freediving off various beaches of Panama City while I was taking the OSHA 30 four day course last August. Mixed results. The current (W to E) is noticeable, visibility hampered by green algae specs and rashguard or wetsuit (depending on time of year) is a good idea (little jellyfish stings, but nothing major). I was limited on time but got out there at least once a day for at least a few hours a time. I know there's some better spots, as I've heard there was a nice little ~35ft deep wreck... but I think a boat's needed to get out there. Again, hit me up if you're feeling froggy. -Glad you served and glad you joined here.