• Hello guys and gals,

I have been spearfishing on and off for a few years but I have been hunting deer, rabbit, quail, pig etc and also been an avid angler. I spearfish typically when I am visiting my family in Hawaii but this year I have decided to start freediving here in California. I just picked up some nice fins and a Riffe E90 and also have a pole spear. I need a few more things ie knife, light and maybe a reel when I start pursuing larger fish. I have gone diving a few times here in California, Montana De Oro but I couldn't see my fingers and then I went to Leo Carillo this last week with about 4 feet of visibility and then I went further north off the beach for about 6 to 12 feet of visibility. Didn't manage much game just one perch. Looking forward to learning from here and hopefully making some dive buddies as I have been diving alone mostly. Anyway glad to be here hope all is well.

Alex
    aka Hookinfish

• Welcome Alex. 6-12' is great day where I'm from! Only time I dove Leo Carillo is was same conditions; middle of march. It's been a rough-water winter up north here; no rain/storms so consequently no pre-storm calm water. Enjoy, it sounds like you're well on your way!

"It's the Ocean Flowing in our Veins"

• Thanks for the welcome granitedive. I'm hoping to head out again this Sunday if I can. I will post a report of my findings then too. :)

• Thanks for the welcome guys. Seems like a great group here from all over the world. Looking forward to getting into the water more often.