San Diego Conditions

• Hi all, my goal is to create a go-to page to check the current conditions in San Diego before heading to the beach. Below you will find, what I believe to be, the best combination predictive models and actual conditions. This is primarily for my own edification but I hope you find it useful too. Plus, just for Spear Diver members, whenever I’m near the beach I’ll post pic or dive a conditions report, feel free to contribute as well. So register to find out the latest conditions.

Edited 2 times, last by Sockeye ().

• Swell Models
    Predicted and actual wave height.
    Note that this is for the SIO pier which is shadowed from south swell.

Torrey Pines outer, this buoy better represents more coastal areas

For regional models I like Swell watch LINK

Temperature
    I love this one because it shows the thermocline

For regional SST and Chl I think tempbreak is the best LINK
    General ocean conditions chlorophyll, wind, tides (but in GMT)
    LINK

Tides
    Tides, predicted and actual in local time

Tides for the year, these were the same ones printed on the Dive Bums calendar which didn’t happen this year. Previous years contained the lunar cycles as well. Anyone have a good link for the lunar cycles?
    http://ocean.peterbrueggeman.com/ScrippsTides.pdf

NOAA tides, these are nice because they are predicted and realized
    [url=http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/data_menu.shtml?stn=9410230-La-Jolla,-CA&type=Tide-Data&datum=6&unit=1&shift=d]Data Retrieval[/url]

Lunar Calendar
    HERE

Currents
    For LJ but you can move the view
    HERE
    Webcams
    LJ Launch
    Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water's Edge - La Jolla Shores Webcam

SIO – Surfline cam, rotates every few seconds

:: SCRIPPS INSTITUTION OF OCEANOGRAPHY, UC SAN DIEGO : PIER CAM :::

Del Mar webcam – I might have a better link for this one
    Del Mar Beach Live Streaming Video

Edited 5 times, last by Sockeye ().

• If there are any other resources you find useful, post here or pm me and I'll add them. My goal is to create a single go to page for current conditions.
    thanks

• No pics, I still need to find an easy way post pics directly from my android phone.
    Just got out of water, today is one of those strange big swell good vis days with vis between 10-15 feet. Assorted reef fish were out. Well worth practicing a big swell exit and I didn't have to do the crawl of shame! Good luck if you get out this weekend. It looks like huge swell for Monday.

• The viz looked pretty good but it appears it was milky i guess you could say. A diver that came out of the water said it was too.

BOBBERRYFISHCARVINGS.COM

• Added lunar calender, but still looking for a better one.
    It should go without saying that the vis sucks, rain, wind, and swell. Plus the water is cold at 57. Good day to finally re-rig the gun, maybe take a trip down to J&J.

• Totally blown away, granted this in only a from-the-shore vis report but it looks great out there! Despite heavy surf and rain a few days ago it looks like 15+ft vis. I'd suit up if you can. Note for the image below by cell phone camera makes everything more blue than it really is.

• despite my inability to find much life, save one halibut, others seem to be doing OK. Amazing as-good-as-it-gets conditions right now through the expected large swell on Tuesday night.

• The swell was building and the wind was blowing at dusk. Hopefully no one got caught in the swell at night. The predictions show the swell dying by tomorrow night but we will see. Maybe the weekend will be clear.

• I haven't updated in awhile, it looks like a bit of algae in the water and lots of wind chop in the afternoon. Sadly I haven't been to close to the water much lately.